Barclays

Just recived letters to myself and Mrs wanderer that Barclays are closing at the end of November and our accounts are moving to Crammy. Yet another empty business premises along our depleted front street then..................

and what about the hundreds of older clients of the bank I bump into when i go there...........Cant see them happy about having to go to Manor walks or even worse............ Blyth!!!!

MrVic and I have also just received our letters of impending doom... what a choice: Cramlington and Blyth are off the cards automatically... Ashington is close from being discounted due to being Ashington, and truly awful to visit when you fond memories from years back, but may hold more sway due to the number of charity shops. Morpeth holds a reasonable Morrisons and more charity shops (overpriced), but then also has the parking charge, and I always forget my 40p...

The first time I have to travel out of town at a weekend (are the banks open at the weekend?) to put a cheque in will probably be the last (unless I get a great dress/ piece of glassware from a charity shop at the smae time)...

The question now is: go back to the knackers at Lloyds who once lost my pay for 3 months, or try HSBC who close early on an afternoon... :unsure:

Will there now be any businesses left on that piece of the 'strip'? Great for Tesco domination :(

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now