Tesco Plans Being Formally Submitted

Heard second hand that, according to the Market Place Regeneration Scheme Team, Tesco are imminently submitting their plans for the Bedlington site.

Now I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before but we'll see.

Lets hope there are no greater spotted newts or four leaved clovers on the gap site... that is about all it takes for the council to reject the planning permission... It's only taken 8 years to get permission for the old school! :angry:

For goodness sake... if anyone from the Council reads this... do the right thing and approve the application quickly before Tesco change their mind!!!

• Like 2

That one's going to be built in the Bedlington in County Durham though. I suppose we used to be an exclave of Durham but that was a while ago.

I know there have been a few false starts with this but it does look like it's going to happen this time, which on balance is good for the town IMHO.

Not sure about plans Fourgee... but here is a report from the Journal. Guess it just confirms what we already know, but thought it may be of interest to this thread.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2010/03/16/store-scheme-aims-to-transform-town-61634-26038093/

Also, although I suspect the planning is a done deal (If tesco have, as it appears, worked with the coucil in preperation for the submission) but does anyone know when the planning permission is due to be approved?? and when work should begin?

I am not sure this is a completely stand alone project by Tesco. It may well be the case council have retained a part share in this development and their payback is in the small shops and offices to be built alongside which I believe Go Wansbeck will oversee.

I would also be keen to ring fence that money Tesco's is/was/had/might/ in the fullness of time pay for the car park. Now what could we do with a million quid.........is there a nearby (across the road) eye sore which is crying out to be redeveloped into something more fitting for the middle of a conservation area, maybe even a few more decent shops and offices?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now