Belgium

AS BELGIUM OUTLAWS VEILS...NOW LET'S BAN BURKA IN BRITAIN

1st May 2010 By Emily Hall

BRITISH politicians were last night under mounting pressure to ban the burka.

Belgium has became the first European country to make the full-face veil illegal and France is set to follow suit.

The UK Independence Party has already vowed to outlaw the "oppressive†clothing.

Now the leaders of the three main parties, Labour, the Tories and Lib Dems, are being urged to do the same. UKIP's Nigel Farage, 46, said: "For once, Belgium has actually done something right.

"We have campaigned on this issue long and hard. Burkas are a sign of a divided country.

"They oppress women, are a potential security threat and have no place in modern Britain.â€

Belgium's new law will come into force as soon as July. But politicians said it should not be seen as an attack on Islam.

Centre-Right MP Daniel Bacquelaine said: "The idea that you can recognise people in the street is essential to maintaining public order.

"It's also a question of human dignity. The full-face veil turns a woman into a walking prison.â€

Women will be banned from covering their face in any public place, with a £110 fine for a first offence.

If they refuse to pay or are caught a second time they will be jailed for a week, even though only 400 Belgians are thought to wear the outfit.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy, 55, has said the burka is "not welcome†on French territory.

He added: "The burka is not a sign of religion, it is a sign of subservience.â€

Watch out for what you stand for! It's got a habit of kicking you in the teeth! Be WARNED

Edited by Merlin
  • Like 1

This is sooooo true! Women wearing veils (with the possible exception of the ugly ones) have no place in our local culture!

How does that Islamic chant go again:

We flew past Armstrong's factory

And up by the Robin Adair

But gannin ower the Railway Bridge

The bus wheel flew off there

The lasses lost their crinolenes

And veils that hide their faces

I got two black eyes and a broken nose

In gannin to Blaydon races

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

P.S. Hadn't hough about it before but I bet Carla makes Sarky wear a burka around the house - lucky sod! laugh.gif

dpan1392l.jpg

• Like 2

hows this for crazy in the Australian state of Victoria it is possible for people to wear a burka when they have their I.D photo taken for their driving license ......... I dunno :blink: :blink: :blink:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now