Tracy Emin

Is it just me or is Tracy Emin a triumph of bullXXXT over talent?

She is now a professor of drawing and has a show at the Margate Gallery……..

Here's her Queen drawing……

I think she deserves ridicule not applause!

They say bad goverment breeds bad art so what does that say for the last two governments, as for Tracy Emin, well, you have hit the nail on the head there Malcolm, whose bedroom was that anyway?

Isn't "modern art" a sort of circular joke? You can have any take on it depending on where you choose to stop.

If you choose to stop on the money then Warhol, and more recently Emin, are masters. Follow the money and everyone will be OK is Warhol's real message! In a wider sense it's a comment on "classical art" too.

(A principle which will undoubtedly determine the innocence, or guilt, of Baroness Warsi).

Looks to me like the joke is on the viewers.

The artists collude with the art world intelligencia, itself a definition in self-delusional disorders, and actually con the spectators into swallowing their !*!@# !

When everything is pared down to the lowest common denominator what is left is, in actual fact, is worthless!

Here's another Lovverly trying to justify his salary by giving Tracy houseroom.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/jonathanjonesblog/2011/dec/15/tracey-emin-draw-royal-academy

I think where art is concerned there is a wide gulf in personal tastes, but where Emin is concerned I have yet to hear of anyone other than a so called 'expert' who actually rates her work. I don't subscribe to the 'art must challenge' view of things but to the 'art must appeal' side of it. I think her work half baked and very boring.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now