Head Butt It's Not!

The movement of one's head towards another person's face/head should not be interpreted as a head-butt.

Yes, for being 'slightly moved' aside by Hull's David Meyler, Mr. Pardew's forward movement of his head into the face of David Meyler, in the full view of children, sensationalists, unintelligent football pundits etc. etc. deserves to see him punished BUT wouldn't it be justice if every other wimpy footballer's head-to-head confrontation with an opponent was also dealt with in the same manner. But don't say it's a head-butt!

How many times have we seen, and will continue to see, immature adults attempt (and fail) to win an oscar for a hard-man performance or an enactment of a front line soldier been struck by a hail of bullets.  

The FA have again been given the opportunity to put right all their past failings. Make an example of this childish behaviour and follow it through, for ever. But it's not a head-but!

I absolutely love the game but it maddens me when one player screams an injustice by an opponent then pleads innocence when they carry out a similar action that would results in a misdemeanour. Punish them for stupidity, lack of discipline, not been able to put a sentence together, childlike naivety but not for trying.

Ps. Love it in rugby union when an offence is committed and the 5ft nothing ref lays the law down to the 6ft 7†18st forward and the forward doesn't say a word; accepts the ref's interpretation (right or wrong) and gets back on with the game.

The movement of one's head towards another person's face/head should not be interpreted as a head-butt.

Yes, for being 'slightly moved' aside by Hull's David Meyler, Mr. Pardew's forward movement of his head into the face of David Meyler, in the full view of children, sensationalists, unintelligent football pundits etc. etc. deserves to see him punished BUT wouldn't it be justice if every other wimpy footballer's head-to-head confrontation with an opponent was also dealt with in the same manner. But don't say it's a head-butt!

How many times have we seen, and will continue to see, immature adults attempt (and fail) to win an oscar for a hard-man performance or an enactment of a front line soldier been struck by a hail of bullets.  

The FA have again been given the opportunity to put right all their past failings. Make an example of this childish behaviour and follow it through, for ever. But it's not a head-but!

I absolutely love the game but it maddens me when one player screams an injustice by an opponent then pleads innocence when they carry out a similar action that would results in a misdemeanour. Punish them for stupidity, lack of discipline, not been able to put a sentence together, childlike naivety but not for trying.

Ps. Love it in rugby union when an offence is committed and the 5ft nothing ref lays the law down to the 6ft 7†18st forward and the forward doesn't say a word; accepts the ref's interpretation (right or wrong) and gets back on with the game.

PPS - forgot to say David Meyley came out of this weekend's incident with my respect. No over reaction what so ever.

Eggs wrote about rugby: "... and the forward doesn't say a word; accepts the ref's interpretation (right or wrong) and gets back on with the game."

Perhaps it has something to do with the sporting tradition of rugby being based on a form of Athenian Code of Conduct;  in other words, a sport played by 'gentlemen' (a term I use in the broadest sense).  Modern football, on the other hand, has evolved into a disgusting pantomime full of grotesques gorging themselves on the riches on offer - so it's hardy suprising when behaviour often borders of the criminal, the violent, the theatrical, the greedy and the vile. Oh, and I love to watch both games.

Pardew's head action can't be described as a head-butt ... it was too lame.  A real 'Glasgow handshake' would have seen the other fella drop like a sack of tatties.  'Percy' Pardew can't even get a nutting right.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now