The Delusional Leading The Deluded

threegee

alex-salmond_2823367b.jpg

I have, in my hand, these pieces of paper, and they bear the assurances from my ex-Nazi friends in the EU that following a Yes vote Scotland will enter a period of peace and prosperity.  Peace and prosperity for our time!

45126039.P4119999Canon20D050513Card5111.

Delusion #2:

The Scottish Government's White Paper on independence claimed there are around 24 billion barrels of oil left in the North Sea but Sir Ian said the actual figure was between 15 billion and 16.5 billion barrels even with a "more sympathetic” tax regime.

The Aberdeen-born tycoon estimated that production would be down to around a sixth of current levels by 2050, the equivalent of around 250,000 barrels, meaning that "offshore oil and gas cannot figure significantly in Scotland's medium-term economic calculations.”

The Scottish Government's has estimated oil will generate £7 billion in tax per year but this is £2 billion too high...

He said a Yes vote would be ironic as it would come just as England was well placed to succeed Scotland as the chief contributor to the UK's energy reserves. Fracking south of the Border could make a "significant contribution” for the next 50 years, he said.

"This could see Scotland having to import hydrocarbons from England at significant cost to our balance of payments,” Sir Ian warned.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11046740/Sir-Ian-Wood-15-years-of-oil-left-before-independent-Scotland-spending-cuts.html

Not what Salmond wants to hear of course!  And the truth he's trying to conceal about current production:

Oil figures inadvertently released by the Scottish Government last week showed £4 billion was raised from the North Sea in 2013/14 compared to Mr Salmond's prediction of £8.3 billion. The total was down £1.5 billion compared to the previous year.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now