Show of Hands

Their latest cd is

Wake the Union which sounds like an interesting idea.

Is this another UKIP song which the "impartial" Beeb will refuse to play?  ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ukip-Calypso/dp/B00OG4HPDQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1414086922&sr=1-1&keywords=ukip+calypso

Get your copy before the establishment lean on Amazon to pull it too!  :D The BBC refuse to play it.

Your Italian Job one could be great for our Ed.  Isn't he the guy that was "entirely comfortable" with immigration less than a fortnight ago?  But today he's no longer comfortable: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11182300/Ed-Miliband-promises-immigration-crackdown-within-weeks-of-winning-power.html

- make it illegal for employers to bring in foreign workers to undercut the wages of British staff;
- ban recruitment agencies from only hiring foreign workers, and ignore Britons;
- to force any large employers who hire foreign workers to have to take on a similar proportion of apprentices.

Amazing how Labour was in total denial of any undermining effect of immigration on lower paid workers just days ago.

It's the Ukip U-turn effect, and there's more of them to come from establishment parties, and not just from Labour.  I'm now waiting for Cleggy to stand up and say that the EU was the biggest mistake we've every made (and BTW the LDs have been trying to tell us this for years!) :D

Ggg hypothetical question if you're after building work & want a job done lets say extension to your house ???? You get quotes done your
Local builders quote you£15k then a pole knocks on your door & says he can do the job offering the same spec & guarantee for
10k which one would you choose answer from your head not your heart please.....

Ggg hypothetical question if your after building work & want a job done lets say extension to your house ???? You get quotes done your

Local builders quote you£15k then a pole knocks on your door & says he can do the job offering the same spec & guarantee for

10k which one would you choose answer from your head not your heart please.....

Working on Foxy's addition of both quotes from legitimate companies with Trade Union members, and not the mam at the door saying 'I've noticed from years of experience of driving through this estate that you require an extension, like the one I built over the road......' - surely we all go for the £10K (big ones for GGG).

The second time - 1998 - I decided to go for an extension to my house I got 3 quotes, all from small local firms that other people had used = (approx) 1) £4,500, 2) £6,250 & 3) £10,000. No idea if the employees were union members but assumed they were. Would you a) go for the cheapest (that could be the same quality) and drive the other two to reduce their prices or go out of work; B) go for the middle one cos it 'seems' fairer or c) go for the most expensive, cos you can afford it, as you know it must be of a higher standard and you can brag that you had the best?

Or get more quotes = 'A show of Hands' and go with the majority price.

My logic - 3) £10,000 - he's extracting the urine - No chance, 2) £6,250 - seems a fair price based on other peoples experience but he's from Cramlington, so no - 1) £4,500 - Bedlington lad, going on his own cos he knows he can do better than the others, employing Bedlington tradesman - YES all the way, and it turned out champion.  

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now