"Recollections May Vary"

threegee

In her interview with The Cut, published this week, the Duchess told how she had taken comfort from a conversation with a South African cast member at the premiere, who pulled her aside. “I just had Archie. It was such a cruel chapter,” she said. “I was scared to go out.  “He looked at me, and he's just like light. He said, ‘I just need you to know: When you married into this family, we rejoiced in the streets the same we did when Mandela was freed from prison’.

John Kani, who played Rafiki in the film, has admitted he is “baffled” by the report, saying he was the only South African cast member but has never met the Duchess.  Dr Kani's agent told the Telegraph: "Dr Kani attended the Premier of The Lion King in Los Angeles and did not attend the London Premier.

“He has unfortunately no recollection of meeting Meghan Markle."

He has suggested the account may have been something of a faux pas by her”, adding: “It just may be a mis-remembering on her side.”
The actor told MailOnline he did not believe that the people of South Africa celebrated the Royal Wedding on the scale of Nelson Mandela’s release.

“In my memory, nobody would have known when she got married, when or what,” he said.

“We had no South African link to the wedding or to her marrying Harry.

“I am truly surprised by this. For me it is a non-event, the whole thing.”

Lindiwe Mkhize, a South African actress who sang the opening song The Circle of Life in the film, was at the premiere but did not speak to the Duchess.

God Save the Queen!  Other than that I couldn't possibly comment.  😀

• threegee changed the title to "Recollections May Vary"

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now