Identifying family & friends from old photos

I’ve been guided to this site by Alan Edgar to see if anyone can recognise or identify people in photos that have recently come into my possession. My mum and dad were both born and brought up in Bedlington so I have quite a lot of family and friends there. I’m not sure how to go about asking for help, do I make an album of the photos or add them as individual posts. 

I will start by adding a photo of my grandfather James Heron b 1906 he is far left in this wedding photo. Other surnames in his family are Barr & Tait 

IMG_7814.jpeg

Edited by Margaret I Johnson
Miss spelling

Welcome to the group @Margaret I Johnson

The Discussion section is good for individual posts but if your have a number of old photos to ask questions about then an album in the Gallery section under Historic Bedlington can be more usefull as any comments made are specific to the relevant photo. It can get quite confusing when many additional photos that are not relevant to the original posting are added into a topic.

For the wedding photo you have posted I have added the info to your photo and if anyone else matches a name with anyone ifn the photo I will add the name to the photo.

Weddingof----tCuthbertsBedlington19nnnamed.thumb.jpg.ecff86e1eebb7f05ccf48acdb1e4de39.jpg

You may already know the church and it's location in bedlington but just incase you don't here are a couple of current Google Street View screen shots with info added :-

StCuthberts.thumb.jpg.0effa9297ba443a79c13dfaa22041633.jpgMarketPlacefromFrontStreetEast(1).thumb.jpg.1d74af8e20fe72c9ff8888796a30f84e.jpg

St Cuthbert's church was used by many familiess from the two areas of Bedlington = The 'Top End' and Bedlingtob Station (used to Sleekburn).  

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

1 hour ago, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

St Cuthbert's church was used by many familiess from the two areas of Bedlington = The 'Top End' and Bedlingtob Station (used to Sleekburn).  

Should read - 'St Cuthbert's church was used by many families from the two areas of Bedlington = The 'Top End' and Bedlington Station (used to be Sleekburn).'

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now