Free Heritage Open Days 2007

Just been made aware of a couple of events which will be taking place in the coming months - Evan Martin is doing something, so may well be worth a look.

Free Heritage in Bedlington

Interesting that Big Geordie, as I will be in Bedlington first week in September on holiday. I still have my Grandmothers proggy mat tools so I might take the wife along to one of the demonstrations.

Sounds like theres some interesting things planed for that week.

Surely it's not bad when you consider these folk are giving up their time for nothing - hence 'Free Heritage' !

i wasn't having a dig at the things on offer! it's just bedlington as a whole never actually does anything creative! unlike blyth, morpeth, newbiggin etc it's just plain sad to see what could be a thriving market town go to reck and ruinin! :(

i wasn't having a dig at the things on offer! it's just bedlington as a whole never actually does anything creative! unlike blyth, morpeth, newbiggin etc it's just plain sad to see what could be a thriving market town go to reck and ruinin! :(

Simple answer monsta, get something creative organised and put on!

Simple answer monsta, get something creative organised and put on!

how could i possibly do that? i haven't the faintest idea of how to oraganise events! or how to get through al the red tape attached! :lol: :lol:

how could i possibly do that? i haven't the faintest idea of how to oraganise events! or how to get through al the red tape attached! :lol: :lol:

Try learning by doing!

Just do it, and learn by your mistakes, and successses!

Joe

Monsta,

It depends on what you want to “put on” but in my experience the most important person is the one with the original idea! Normally, if it is sizable, you would get together with some other like minded people and give each a separate responsibility, one could deal with council, once could do the promotion work etc… and someone in the centre to bring it all together. It does require effort, even the smallest event, so don’t knock anyone for something they organise which has no interest to you personally, rather applaud their initiative and hard work.

Monsta,

It depends on what you want to “put on” but in my experience the most important person is the one with the original idea! Normally, if it is sizable, you would get together with some other like minded people and give each a separate responsibility, one could deal with council, once could do the promotion work etc… and someone in the centre to bring it all together. It does require effort, even the smallest event, so don’t knock anyone for something they organise which has no interest to you personally, rather applaud their initiative and hard work.

Well said Malcolm,

Joe

Monsta,

i wont to put on a free beer tent so there! and i dont care what you say so get bent! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monsta,

It's admirable the way you attempt to communicate with him like one reasonable adult to another.

However, you would probably have more success travelling to Whipsnade Zoo and trying to reason with the chimpanzees, pointing out that flinging their faeces everywhere and playing with themselves in front of small children is neither productive nor in keeping with the strictures of Miss Emily Post.

Hope this helps.

It's admirable the way you attempt to communicate with him like one reasonable adult to another.

However, you would probably have more success travelling to Whipsnade Zoo and trying to reason with the chimpanzees, pointing out that flinging their faeces everywhere and playing with themselves in front of small children is neither productive nor in keeping with the strictures of Miss Emily Post.

Hope this helps.

Whipsnade Zoo? Where`s that?

i wont to put on a free beer tent so there! and i dont care what you say so get bent! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I thought we might be getting somewhere monsta!

So you complain there is nothing "put on" in the town of interest to you; you wont get involved to put something on and your only suggestion of something to put on is a free beer tent.

With a résumé like that you should have no trouble getting elected to council!

And I thought we might be getting somewhere monsta!

So you complain there is nothing "put on" in the town of interest to you; you wont get involved to put something on and your only suggestion of something to put on is a free beer tent.

With a résumé like that you should have no trouble getting elected to council!

wey tha's not bedlington gets left out every time! apart from some crap euro market with expensive rubbish, and a few jumble sales what actually happens at bedlington? al tell ye nowt!

and a tell ye i would get elected if a throo on a free beer tent!

wey tha's not bedlington gets left out every time! apart from some crap euro market with expensive rubbish, and a few jumble sales what actually happens at bedlington? al tell ye nowt!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet you would too!

Monsta,

I haven't read anything so cynical and sad since the days of Attlee's Labour party!

Joe

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now