Uploading short video clips

Is it possible to upload short video clips to the forum?  I asked this question many years ago but didn't get an answer;  maybe back then the technology didn't exist here to do it but maybe now the guy with the Forum's toolbox (is it one of the Gs?) has added this enhancement.  I've got 1960s 8mm film (now digitized) taken by my late father of some Bedlington related stuff that it would be good to share, eg. school karting.

On 15/03/2024 at 20:11, Symptoms said:

Is it possible to upload short video clips to the forum?  I asked this question many years ago but didn't get an answer;  maybe back then the technology didn't exist here to do it but maybe now the guy with the Forum's toolbox (is it one of the Gs?) has added this enhancement.  I've got 1960s 8mm film (now digitized) taken by my late father of some Bedlington related stuff that it would be good to share, eg. school karting.

@Symptoms video clips have been loaded but I assume there might be restrctions depending on the extension name eg. MP4. - MOV. - WMV. AVI. WEBM or HTML5. that this site can handle - @Andy Millne will know:thumbsup:

You should just be able to drag and drop the video into your post or upload to the gallery. If it's not a playable format inline it will embed as an attachment for download.

You can also upload to Youtube/Vimeo and paste the link from there and it will embed inline here.

e.g.

• Like 3

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now