Free Stuff!

anyone else seen that offer AOL gives out about the free o2 sim cards?

i applied thinking it was a scam, and now i got 4 brand new sim cards with sequential numbers and nothing to do with them!

so...if anyone needs an o2 sim card, let me know and i'll send it to you/leave it behind a bar/leave it under a stone, whatever.

anyone else got owt for nowt?

Orange were giving SIMs away the other weekend too. They seem to be doing this fairly regularly if you watch the website: www.orange.co.uk £1 credit on these and without registering.

The 02 card I got didn't have any credit on it, but it did have a form that gives you £2.50 if you fill your details in and post it to them. Dunno whether that applies to the current freebies though.

The best deal - though not free - is to pick a few of the special Virgin Mobile SIMs up for a couple of quid. They each have £5 credit on them without registering. Not all Virgin SIMs give free credit though - look for the flashes on the outside of the packs.

Best PAYG mobile supplier at the moment seems to be http://www.tescomobile.com/ though it's very difficult to compare tarrifs as there are so many ifs and buts, and the price often depends on your usage. Tesco Mobile charges are both low and fairly transparent though. From memory they use 02 infrastructure.

Beware networks (like Orange) who charge a lot more for cross network calls. The other day they debited 79p for a quick call to an 02 phone at the other end of the Front Street, yet only debited 27p for a 2000 mile international call - also on a different mobile network!

...and don't get me started about international roaming charges, please! :angry: