Fishing!

i go sea fishing, but not from shore, i have my own pleasure boat.

if i do fish from land its lakes...

how bigs this boat then? what is it a cobble or a pedalo? :D

what you mean by lakes.....?

32ft by 9ft.

its a project me and my father took from a guy about 5 years ago, as my dad is boat mad!

i have a pic somewhere...

by lakes i mean the likes of fontburn, etc. although i have not tried the lake localy at QEII at Ashington, nor the more local one at boumersund.... the name of which escapes me right now. i like it at fontburn, its a nice day out.

i have had the odd night down the end of south pier at blyth tho. some good sized flatties down there if you cast into the bay....

32ft by 9ft.

its a project me and my father took from a guy about 5 years ago, as my dad is boat mad!

i have a pic somewhere...

by lakes i mean the likes of fontburn, etc. although i have not tried the lake localy at QEII at Ashington, nor the more local one at boumersund.... the name of which escapes me right now. i like it at fontburn, its a nice day out.

i have had the odd night down the end of south pier at blyth tho. some good sized flatties down there if you cast into the bay....

The lake at Boumersund, is this a new lake as I do not recall it? Have they put it where the pit used to be? I drove past there a couple of weeks ago all I could see from the road was cyprus tree's, it looked strange as my lasting memory of it was the pit.

The lake at Boumersund, is this a new lake as I do not recall it? Have they put it where the pit used to be? I drove past there a couple of weeks ago all I could see from the road was cyprus tree's, it looked strange as my lasting memory of it was the pit.

yeah, its a lake less than 10 years old, or there abouts, part of a green site, full of eco-friendly buildings.

this is their website.

Not a very welcoming homepage is it? Suppose that's what happens when you slyly take over a nice community-centric charity venture for private commercial gain... :angry:

i had heard romours too... what do you know?

i was involved in the project at the very start, fitting the new windows to some of the units. apparently the plan has changed focus since them days.....

Not a very welcoming homepage is it? Suppose that's what happens when you slyly take over a nice community-centric charity venture for private commercial gain... :angry:

I could not agree more, they appear to be more obsessed with rules and regulations than welcoming people to the project.

Guest missvic
i had heard romours too... what do you know?

I think it all kicked off when Lite on became involved, then left, leaving a legacy of a executive of theirs (that left Lite on in somewhat mysterious circumstances, so I have been informed!). Anyway, suddenly the management of the site were picked off one by one, the place stopped being a visitor attraction, former public spaces turned private and a lease was agreed with the council without the knowledge of siteholders.

It all seems pretty rotten really.

I was just talking about the whole thing recently and it stirred up my anger in it all again. What could have been a fantastic resource for the local community has, yet again been underhandedly taken over for private gain with the assistance of WDC.

Seeing this website just reinforces how awful the whole new set-up is. In a time where climate change is seriously becomming an issue, surely a site that publicly promoted environmental projects should be a great asset to WDC. It once proved to be a great educational resource for all ages, and quite a nice day out too, but now, as the homepage shows, they do not want visitors... in fact, they could even be prosecuted! Do they have something to hide perhaps?!!?!

Just out of interest, you could always check out the management/leaseholder of the site, and what financial interests they have in the site. It may explain a few things...

Businesses based at Earth Balance? I know there's a fancy dress shop there but that looked about it - all the other buildings were closed and the place looked deserted. I was there about 3 month ago and the place looked run down... it obviously isn't being maintained. A couple of years ago it was tidy and smart looking, now there's rubbish everywhere and the weeds are overtaking everything.

• 10 months later...
so nen body gans fishing then! :lol::lol::lol:

looks like it monsta,, you could always come over here for a holiday and i could show you some excellent reef fishing

Nice boat TNWNW, good dimensions. What sort of engine, looks like a 4 cylinder? I used a 6 out of an old bin wagon.

Monsta, depends on what you are fishing for and then you have to get the bait right.

Just caught my first carp a couple of weeks ago, I can see why people get addicted to fishing for them.

That lake at Earth Balance must have been there 13yrs ago? It had proper pegs when I walked around it and if I remember correctly was about a couple of quid to fish for the half day, only fly fishing?

I think you are right to be angry about the whole debacle Mrsvic; it should have been something which was a trail blazer for the area. I remember being at a meeting in Durham and a guy came over who raved about the project, he was organising bus trips for people to see it. Only WDC could turn a potential success into abject failure, course it was on the wrong side of the tracks!

• 4 weeks later...
any one know any good SEA fishing spots up the northeast coast?

any where but cambois, blyth harbour or the seven stars

:)

Bog Hall rocks(low tide)Lynemouth,The Scars(low tide) Cresswell,Bottom of cliffs(low tide) cresswell be prepared to run! Behind Alcan(high tide) Newbiggin Prom(high tide)You don't want this info but,behind the houses,North Blyth and the Silo's(high tide)Cresswell beach(low tide)Durridge beach(low tide)Amble opposite Coquet island(low tide)Hadston(watch your car and your gear) The list goes on and on.If you looking for hotspots then your local tackle shop will give you the relevant info! Myself I packed in sea fishing about 25yr ago cos there's nowt left in the N Sea 10 an 20lbs ers were regular then but not now! I now fly fish,and yes monsta I caught a 20lb bluebottle the other day,thats before you start!Yawn Yawn B) The fish are there it's up to me to catch them,unlike the sea!

Good luck

Oh by the way most of the places mentioned here fish best during the hours of darkness!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now