We're Off On The Slippery Slope To A New Poll Tax

threegee

To paraphrase the former Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock's speech to Conference in 1985:

"When a Labour Government, yes a Labour Government, is seen to scuttle round our Country en-slaving the people by taking away their liberty ..."

What a disgrace - they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To paraphrase the former Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock's speech to Conference in 1985:

"When a Labour Government, yes a Labour Government, is seen to scuttle round our Country en-slaving the people by taking away their liberty ..."

What a disgrace - they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

could be worse we could be governed by the fn green party :lol::lol::lol: and we would all have to wear tetty sacks and walk to the fn shop!

got a point ad rather have: 1369Loin%20T-Bone%20Steak.jpg

than114.jpg

look at the fn ingredients:

Mycoprotein (41%), water, onions, vegetarian Emmental & Cheddar cheese (10%), textured vegetable protein (wheat gluten, pea protein, potato starch, water, malt flour, palm oil, maltodextrin, milk protein), dried free range egg white, flavourings, rapeseed oil, milk proteins, pea fibre, tapioca starch, roasted barley malt extract.

what the !*!@# is mycoprotein :huh:

than114.jpg

Mycoprotein (41%), water, onions, vegetarian Emmental & Cheddar cheese (10%), textured vegetable protein (wheat gluten, pea protein, potato starch, water, malt flour, palm oil, maltodextrin, milk protein), dried free range egg white, flavourings, rapeseed oil, milk proteins, pea fibre, tapioca starch, roasted barley malt extract.

Mycoprotein is a food made by continuous fermentation of the fungus, Fusarium gramineurum. The fungus is grown in a large fermentation tower to which oxygen, nitrogen, glucose, minerals, and vitamins are continually added. After harvesting, the fungus is heat treated to reduce its RNA content to World Health Organisation recommended levels before being filtered and drained.

So basically, it`s fermented fungus which is then heat treated to make it resemble meat :mellow:

Why do vegetarians want anything they`re eating to resemble meat anyway?

Something I always wondered about Cympil. Nut cutlet anyone........

Quorn is truly awful, but some of the stuff is canny. I put veggie hotdogs, sausage rolls and fakey mince in bait for our carnivorous mates all the time, and no-one is none the wiser... sometimes people even compliment the pretend scran, not realising they've been had.

Vegetables are lovely, but everyone wants something to get their teeth into. And meat would be great if it wasn't for the death bit. If there wasn't a compromise I'd have to gnaw on Mr Vic instead! :o

Quorn is truly awful, but some of the stuff is canny. I put veggie hotdogs, sausage rolls and fakey mince in bait for our carnivorous mates all the time, and no-one is none the wiser... sometimes people even compliment the pretend scran, not realising they've been had.

Vegetables are lovely, but everyone wants something to get their teeth into. And meat would be great if it wasn't for the death bit. If there wasn't a compromise I have to on Mr Vic instead! :o

dont you not kill carrots like! it only a part of nature how many fn lions would decide to have a stinky veggie hotdog rather than a fresh wilde beast?

dont you not kill carrots like! it only a part of nature how many fn lions would decide to have a stinky veggie hotdog rather than a fresh wilde beast?

I hate to hear the carrots cry when I peel them too, monsta... but needs must!

As for the lions... I'm sure they'd rather have a bit of fresh prey than a veggie hotdog, but I also reckon they would choose the nice veggie option over the bone and eyeball filled hotdogs from the burger van!

Mr Vic turned veggie last year, not because of all the fluffy cows and that, but just because of watching Jamie and Hugh's programmes where the all the factory farmed animals lived in their own crap and then got filled with more before they got to your plate.

Mind, I'm not going to preach on about virtues of vegetarianism, it's a choice and a pretty dull one at times... I'm far too busy being a sanctimonious ex-smoker now to care anyway...

Be warned ... Quorn is the latest incarnation of Soylent Green* wafers - and we should all know what they're made from!! All this vegyness is a part of a clever plot by the Ruling Elite to con the masses out of eating meat. If successful, the scheme will ensure that the only folks able to eat meat will be members of the Boss Class.

For those viewers too young to remember what Soylent Green is ... Google it.

Be warned ... Quorn is the latest incarnation of Soylent Green* wafers - and we should all know what they're made from!! All this vegyness is a part of a clever plot by the Ruling Elite to con the masses out of eating meat. If successful, the scheme will ensure that the only folks able to eat meat will be members of the Boss Class.

you been smoking quorn or something! :lol::lol::lol:

than114.jpg

Good question I was going to ask that myself

Mycoprotein is a food made by continuous fermentation of the fungus, Fusarium gramineurum. The fungus is grown in a large fermentation tower to which oxygen, nitrogen, glucose, minerals, and vitamins are continually added. After harvesting, the fungus is heat treated to reduce its RNA content to World Health Organisation recommended levels before being filtered and drained.

So basically, it`s fermented fungus which is then heat treated to make it resemble meat :mellow:

Bliddy hell am glad I am not veggie, fermented fungus sounds like rotten mushrooms

Where's Charlton Heston when you need him?

Wikipedia: "...a 1973 dystopian science fiction movie depicting a future in which global warming and overpopulation lead to depleted resources on Earth. This in turn leads to widespread unemployment and poverty."

Only 36 years before its time then? :D

Where's Charlton Heston when you need him?

The short answer is probably in an urn; he opted for the more "environmental friendly" cremation. Big carbon re-release but all over in an hour and a half or so. Just like the films really (with the possible exception of the epics!). :)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now