XBox Live

Andy Millne

Is anybody using XBox Live? I'm pretty limited in the games I have but i'm sure I could beg steal and borrow a few more?

I used to be on it but i`m not sure if my console will be allowed on since it`s been chipped..i`ll give it a go though. I just have to find my lead and try it. If it does connect, i`m going to order one of them wireless adaptor things..so basically, i might see you online in about a week :D

I used to be on it but i`m not sure if my console will be allowed on since it`s been chipped..i`ll give it a go though. I just have to find my lead and try it. If it does connect, i`m going to order one of them wireless adaptor things..so basically, i might see you online in about a week :D

just use a wire it cheaper them wireless adapters are a rip off!

just use a wire it cheaper them wireless adapters are a rip off!

Aye but my comp and tv/xbox are on opposite sides of the room, unless i use my comp as the tv screen..but i want to use my big tv. Unless i have an extra long wire?

I thought an adaptor would be the best way to go..

Aye but my comp and tv/xbox are on opposite sides of the room, unless i use my comp as the tv screen..but i want to use my big tv. Unless i have an extra long wire?

I thought an adaptor would be the best way to go..

nah an adapter will cost 40 to 50 quid where as a cable will cost £1.99 :D

nah an adapter will cost 40 to 50 quid where as a cable will cost £1.99 :D

Well it`ll have to be a long cable..plus another disadvantage is having to turn the comp on everytime i want to go on xbox live..

Well it`ll have to be a long cable..plus another disadvantage is having to turn the comp on everytime i want to go on xbox live..

i didn't know you had to have the comp on to go on xbox live?? can you not get a cable, then just a double socket thing* for the telephone box thing* so its directly connected?

*can you tell i know what i'm talking about? B)

i didn't know you had to have the comp on to go on xbox live?? can you not get a cable, then just a double socket thing* for the telephone box thing* so its directly connected?

*can you tell i know what i'm talking about? B)

you dont it plugs straight into router! just like if you have the wireless it has to connect to the router! :D you only need the computer if you are using one of those dial up modems!

you dont it plugs straight into router! just like if you have the wireless it has to connect to the router! :D you only need the computer if you are using one of those dial up modems!

Shows how much i know :lol: It was ages ago when i was connected to Xbox live like..

I`m stumped now coz i can`t find my lead, before i buy the adaptor i need to know it`s going to allow me on Xbox live..

I`ll get there eventually :unsure:

Lead is just a standard CAT5 patch cable if you need a new one make sure you don't get conned into buying an "official XBox one" for a tenner or whatever they charge.

Lead is just a standard CAT5 patch cable if you need a new one make sure you don't get conned into buying an "official XBox one" for a tenner or whatever they charge.

I`ve already got an official lead ..somewhere. If i can`t find it i`ll get the alternative.

Do you play Guitar Hero by any chance? :D

• 3 weeks later...
Is anybody using XBox Live? I'm pretty limited in the games I have but i'm sure I could beg steal and borrow a few more?

I`ve sorted my Xbox live out now..what sort of games have you got? Other than Guitar Hero/Rockband, the only other proper game i have is Burnout Revenge.

If i know what you play on i`ll see if i can borrow or buy a one.

My Xbox live account user-name at the moment is Revenger2007

I`ll be changing it in a months time because i`ve used my account i first joined up with, but all my scores and achievements are on another account :lol:

You can tell i`m new to this :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
im playing call of duty 4 and 5 and a few others but mostly them two

I`ve got Call of Duty 5, still getting a bit shooting practice before i go on live with it though, i`ll not last 2 minutes otherwise :lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now