Any Politicans Out There........

You're not a regular visitor to the homepage of this very site then, Malcolm?

I think he's waiting for us all to say go on then Malc we'll all vote for you (and I for one would). :D

BUT... a word of caution. Don't expect Parish Councillors to be able to actually do anything, because they have nothing to spend and appear to be completely powerless. Which raises the obvious question why do we have then anyway. Someone please explain?

This someone will probably have to be non-political, because it seems that all our politicians, from the top downwards, are busily fiddling their expenses, and therefore have no time to come on here and engage with their electorate.

Even if they had their spin doctors wouldn't let then for fear they said something that wasn't in accordance with the current party line. Someone might even ask them the terribly difficult question of how come we now have major local government reforms foisted off on us when the overwhelming majority of people voted against this! :angry:

Actually HP I only saw this site today when I was searching for the agenda of the meeting, see other topic. I wanted to make our members aware that it is there, that's all, and maybe someone will take advantage?

As for GGG's opening sentence, I think Bedlington has been sold down the Swanee, again, with this three way carve up so we end up with less than what we started with, so no I wouldn't want to play in this particular game. (How come Ashington turned the decision to carve that up into small parish's on its head, knowing full well that they would be impotent if it went that way?)

Have the precepts been set yet and how much extra is that going to cost everyone? Oh I forget the changes at NCC will mean dramatically lower rates bills for everyone, or so they said, so that will offset any parish expenses, won't it?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now