Fogies Cause Chaos

Guest xyz

Guest mrsvic

Just after 4pm this very day Bedlington's infrastructure almost ground to a halt!

The cause? Some old biddies alighting a coach.

The incident occured somewhere besides Nettos, and involved a coach stopping along the route of the nouveau-Front Street diversion, alongside a little old lady, waiting to pick up her friends while parked back to front besides the mid-road bollards.

Traffic was held back in all directions, from past the Red Lion, Netherton and almost as far as the Gate. At one point a man, in outrage, shook his head at the pleasant girl in the really cool sunglasses who parked blocking the roundabout.

The incident lasted for almost 23 minutes, until the octogenarian driver did a 42 point turn to allow the coach the opportunity to pass. The excitement was almost too much for one coach passenger, who, while waving off her friends, proceeded to fall over her suitcase.

After this sheer traffic-carnage, the coach professionally trundled on it's way, causing a similar chaotic moment at Beech Grove, while all other buses, cars and biddies went happily on their way.

Your roving reporter

Vic(mrs)

Just before 2pm today i was driving up Stead Lane from Bank Top towards Bedlington when came upon a gentleman standing in the middle of the road waving both his arms at me, i stopped the car wondering what had happened,thinking someone was maybe lying in middle of the road after a hit & run.

Alas i could see no injured person but looked to my right where the said gentleman had turned his attention to.............to see an elderley lady with walking stick who had maybe come out of bungalows and was still on the grassed area and six mile from the footpath and kerb!!! grrrr. He stood in the middle of the road till she got up to him and then they both proceeded to cross together, he did wave and me and she waved her walking stick..........i think it was to thank me!!!!!

I did wave back and smile while swearing at them. old gits :)

There was a 12 year old with learning difficulties went missing from Tesco`s tonight at around 6pm. The mother was on the phone to the police at the back entrance of the shop. I don`t know if it was the shop itself or the car park where the bairn went missing but she was hysterical.

Hope the bairns been found :mellow:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now