Bedlington Terrier Copper Raid

Full story here

Although, no-one need read it as you`ve already told us the story :lol:

Ah, well, we'll scoop the pros at the Journo on the next big Bedders story.

Goodness! How did that happen? We just did! :D;)

• 4 weeks later...

Any body know when the Terrier is being knocked down and turned into a old folks home?

I suspect this is the usual rumour that surfaces with newly vacated premises similar to the recurring Wetherspoons one?

There doesn't appear to be anything on the planning application register to suggest anything other than a rumour at this time.

You don't need planning permission to knock a building down. Exceptions are if it's listed - which it won't be.

I wasn't suggesting you did but I'd think the "old folks" would need a roof over their heads and wouldn't be too happy about sleeping on a pile of rubble or in a garden shed. :P

I suspect this is the usual rumour that surfaces with newly vacated premises similar to the recurring Wetherspoons one?

There doesn't appear to be anything on the planning application register to suggest anything other than a rumour at this time.

what the planning went through in july! plus av seen people there taking measurements with there surveying equipment. it shouldn't be much longer before they get the demo team in and crack on with the new ganny home!

what the planning went through in july! plus av seen people there taking measurements with there surveying equipment. it shouldn't be much longer before they get the demo team in and crack on with the new ganny home!

Thanks Mon. Your correct a planning application has been apparoved for the Terrier to be knocked down and replaced by a retirement home. It was apporved in the summer so hopefully work should start soon.

As far as I am aware no plans have been submitted beyond outline planning permission which was given in late June. I don't think building would be possible without a detailed application. I would imagine that is what the surveyors were there for.

As far as I am aware no plans have been submitted beyond outline planning permission which was given in late June. I don't think building would be possible without a detailed application. I would imagine that is what the surveyors were there for.

Letters were sent to local residents about plans to build a care home; it was in the News Post Leader too if I remember rightly.

• 4 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now