Anger

Guest xyz

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest mrsvic

It's nearly September, but it's still sunny! We have a load of cattepillars in our garden... some of them look a bit poisonous, but that's ok. Jupiter is visable in the crisp evenings now. It's a bank holiday weekend: I'm going to bake some scones later, while listening to my new pop-romantique record... life is pretty good!

Yes, things aren't perfect, the country is still in a recession, it's going to get cold, the cattepillars have eaten our cabbages and the Pre-Raphelite boys aren't on BBC2 anymore... but things could be worse...

Yet, anger, it still exists... part of the complexity of human nature, manifesting itself in so many guises... police cars have been flying around all day, scuffles were noted on the Front Street yester evening, even on this site the inner turmoil of some appears in the guise of ill-informed aggresion...

So I ask of you, whether you are angry, or simply empathise with the anger of others... what do you consider to be cause of such emotion?

Sorry missus - don't understand the question, like.

The last two OK, and the second one I've just had explained to me by a lady friend as a drinky beloved of the opposite gender.

But the first one I had to Google on; and I'm damned if I can see what "The diurnal variation of precipitation in monsoon season in the Tibetan Plateau" could make you angry - unless it's the cover price! blink.gif

http://scholar.googl...F-8&oi=scholart

Guest mrsvic

476375_f260.jpg

Cultural studies of different social groups show that there is more violence around Bank Holdiay weekends due late 'pay' cheques and ability/ inability to access cheap booze... just wondering what is causing all the tension in Bedlington this weekend...

bah your right up yourself! what makes you better than every one else?

and another thing you say i'm leaving distasteful and discrimanating posts! is the constant slur on the locals out of work not discrimanting like! chava this and chava there human too!

Edited by Monsta®

Guest mrsvic

and another thing you say i'm leaving distasteful and discrimanating posts! is the constant slur on the locals out of work not discrimanting like! chava this and chava there human too!

I am only discriminating against the 'locals' of whom make the town a less pleasant place to be... the kind who have nothing nice to say at all, yet shout on anyway, the ones who cite race as the reason for not getting work, yet would turn their noses up at anything beneath them, the kind who if they had a brain cell to rub together could probably do something to make the towm a better place, whether it be volunteering at an old folks home or picking up litter... do these people give any reason not to be discriminated against? We are paying for their existance after all.

There are a load of lovely people out of work, it's a terrible time, but people are more keen to stay in their position and complain about as they know they can scrounge off the state and repopulate the town (and others) with more of the same...

Surely you would rather live somewhere where everyone had pride in themselves and mutual respect, care and consideration with their fellow townsfolk? As it stands a certain aspect are too smelly to share and aisle with in Tesco, and would kill you as much as look at you if you crossed them in a dark alley... their purpose: unknown...

As for being 'human too'... sometimes I wonder... some chimps show more humanity...

It's nearly September, but it's still sunny! We have a load of cattepillars in our garden... some of them look a bit poisonous, but that's ok. Jupiter is visable in the crisp evenings now. It's a bank holiday weekend: I'm going to bake some scones later, while listening to my new pop-romantique record... life is pretty good!

Yes, things aren't perfect, the country is still in a recession, it's going to get cold, the cattepillars have eaten our cabbages and the Pre-Raphelite boys aren't on BBC2 anymore... but things could be worse...

Yet, anger, it still exists... part of the complexity of human nature, manifesting itself in so many guises... police cars have been flying around all day, scuffles were noted on the Front Street yester evening, even on this site the inner turmoil of some appears in the guise of ill-informed aggresion...

So I ask of you, whether you are angry, or simply empathise with the anger of others... what do you consider to be cause of such emotion?

Getting back to the important thing how do you make your scones.......... :blink:

Guest mrsvic

Getting back to the important thing how do you make your scones.......... :blink:

:D

With Cheese Farm cheese. And currents. But not at the same time. And you Monsta?

BTW... GGG... Any chance of a cookery section on here? I have some lovely chutney recipes that I don't mid sharing...

I'm gob smacked you know it's Jupiter. I asked a skipper of a reasonable sized lump of hardware in the Med the other night and he hadn't got a clue - thought it was Venus. Do hope his GPS batteries etc. hold up; even if it's just for the sake of his passengers! For those Brits thinking of following our forefathers and setting forth on the briny: Venus is the "morning star" which sort of means it comes up in the mornings, as it's closer to the sun than we are.

The cause is the (sub-conscious) appreciation that the mating season, and the subsequent Summer bounty, is almost over. It's the ancient positioning for hibernation and long-term survival in Northern climes. Grab all the nuts (scones) even if it means bending the rules and abandoning all etiquette.

If you are Gordon Brown it's the realisation that the evolutionary process itself is at an end. Better start a war real fast to garner votes. Just about no-one can be fooled into thinking "it's Global” anymore. Dumb, unquestioning, patriotism is the only way out. It worked for Maggie, so maybe...

Guest mrsvic

I'm gob smacked you know it's Jupiter. I asked a skipper of a reasonable sized lump of hardware in the Med the other night and he hadn't got a clue - thought it was Venus. Do hope his GPS batteries etc. hold up; even if it's just for the sake of his passengers! For those Brits thinking of following our forefathers and setting forth on the briny: Venus is the "morning star" which sort of means it comes up in the mornings, as it's closer to the sun than we are.

Just been out for a bit look with the scope, and it has 4 visable moons, some cloud rings and a big red spot... Jupiter must be. Getting closer to the moon at the moment, making it a bit more difficult with the light pollution... brilliantly, a chimney blocked the moon for us tonight!

Saturn not visable other than very early in the evening low down in the West, though without any rings at the moment as it's not tilted towards us at the moment (I forget the technical term), therefore making them too thin to view from Earth (they are only about 60odd metres thick on average)... not too exciting to view, but a phenomenon you don't see too often.

Mars is making it's way back into view, but should be a better view later in the year (hopefuilly), and doesn't head out until after 11, and will be a little red dot, about 1/3 the size of Venus...

Mercury, btw, should be visable in the morning sky just before sunrise and after sunset... it looks like a little star (maybe half the size of Venus), but will move from East of the Sun over to the direction of Venus later in the month...

The main planets are pretty much recognisable in the sky, as they generally are the brightest feature in that part of the sky (Jupiter, the brightest planet, for instance is -2.4 mag this month, compared with Sirius -the brightest star in the sky- at 1.6 mag), they also move about a bit, so you may see them in a constellation where there wasn't a 'star' before... they will be found somewhere in the sky along the path the moon travels... and they wont twinkle...

None of them easy to navigate to... isn't driving a boat hard enough?

The Bank Holiday weekend carries on, with a possible sighting of 3 drunken folks fighting over what appeared to be an empty pizza box, down the station way... a glare of mag -5.6 was in the eyes of one of them when he realised the last slice had gone... :o

:D

With Cheese Farm cheese. And currents. But not at the same time. And you Monsta?

BTW... GGG... Any chance of a cookery section on here? I have some lovely chutney recipes that I don't mid sharing...

The scones sound delicious can you post the chutney recipes :rolleyes:

Blank, I don't have a problem with people in much more exotic places than I ever get to who post here - even though I'm a tad envious at times.

Suggest you get out a little more - the small town mentality can be soul-destroying. My travel budget this year is £14.99 one way and the return for £0.00 (both plus airport taxes). Check out ryanair.com and be flexible as to dates.

And, where are the pics from that very nice camera of yours? The cost of the film perhaps? smile.gif

Blank,I don't have a problem with people in much more exotic places than Iever get to who post here - even though I'm a tad envious at times.

You took my hooray as envy?

Jumping to conclusions is a trait normally found in T.W.A.T.S

Don't do it.

Suggest you get out a little more - the small town mentality can besoul-destroying. My travel budget this year is £14.99 one way and thereturn for £0.00 (both plus airport taxes). Check out ryanair.com andbe flexible as to dates.

Seriously, well done.

(Waits on accusations of being envious of 3gs £14.99 holiday fund)

And, where are the pics from that very nice camera of yours? The cost of the film perhaps?

Cost of the film?

It's a digital camera.

I don't get you.

Edited by Blank

You have to appreciate that we super-rich globetrotters are very sensitive to implied criticism of our playboy lifestyle. huh.gif And... you forgot the punishing airport taxes. wink.giflaugh.gif

Errmmm, yes, that was precisely the point. Gallery needs lots more of your excellent pics - and damn the expense - Please!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now