Help With Banner

Yes, naturally the birthplace of the modern railways should be a feature! I recently heard that the first letter sent via penny post was sent from Bedlington as well.

Where is the banner going to be displayed?

Right bit more gen...........

It is a vertical banner type flag which is being thought about for use in the Market Place and maybe one or two other sites. It will be wholly about Bedlington and suggestions are being sought so please make them.

For my tuppence worth yes of course historical and popular contemporary references will be made but maybe we can get an asperational symbol included too? Course that is the hard part.........

I would also suggest a tag line along the bottom, Bedlington.co.uk!

Nice work Neil for the Terriers.......any thoughts?

For my tuppence worth yes of course historical and popular contemporary references will be made but maybe we can get an asperational symbol included too? Course that is the hard part.........

A Leisure Centre!

As for the heritage, a big chod of iron could fit in somewhere as long as it's carefully represented and doesn't get mistaken for coal. Oh, and maybe some people around the bandstand on picnic day. Oh, and the Bedlington Alien.

Is this banner going to be sewn? If so I pledge my needle and thread... this would be even cooler than making a proggy mat!

Thanks Mrs. Vic but I said asperational not a pipe dream!!!!! :lol:

As for us all sitting down with needle and thread, isn't there a flag manufacturer up the coast a little ways.......I presume.........?

Without a clear vision or even direction for Bedders trying to come up with something to represent where we would like to see our town sometime down the line is the difficult bit.

Thanks Mrs. Vic but I said asperational not a pipe dream!!!!! :lol:

As for us all sitting down with needle and thread, isn't there a flag manufacturer up the coast a little ways.......I presume.........?

Without a clear vision or even direction for Bedders trying to come up with something to represent where we would like to see our town sometime down the line is the difficult bit.

er right thought it was for a web site! be a bit expensive creating a different flag for each day of the year.

why not put ashington, newbiggin logos on it then when the market place is finished we can have a flag burning day! :lol:

Oh, and the Bedlington Alien.

I met the Bedlington Alien. Had a pint with him, in fact, and a picture taken. He was a sound alien, him. For the banner, the dog and a train must feature, nails too.

er right thought it was for a web site! be a bit expensive creating a different flag for each day of the year.

why not put ashington, newbiggin logos on it then when the market place is finished we can have a flag burning day! :lol:

They already have their banners and have had for a couple of years so I am told.

Just one mercuryg, and thats pints or aliens!

Just one mercuryg, and thats pints or aliens!

I am of the opinion that a man cannot have 'just one pint'; it's not possible. As for the alien, that was a curious day for a bunch of us were having an early afternoon pint in the Tavern when in walked the Alien, with film crew in tow. We all pitched a bit in to the story, and were pictured at the bar supping a pint with the Alien. The landlady then posted a copy of the picture on the wall with the caption 'Spot the Alien'. She had a point.

Somewhere down the line, I think the aliens will return. They will have a bit of an ice skate at the Market Place, buy fineries from the fancy new market stalls and watch an arty film on the big screen. Later they will another pint in the tavern, then hopefully set about building a new-age leisure centre. All while boycotting Tesco. And Ashington.

Somewhere down the line, I think the aliens will return. They will have a bit of an ice skate at the Market Place, buy fineries from the fancy new market stalls and watch an arty film on the big screen. Later they will another pint in the tavern, then hopefully set about building a new-age leisure centre. All while boycotting Tesco. And Ashington.

Mrsvic,

You been at the happy baccy or just one too many wine gums? :lol:

they must be some desparate aliens to come all that way for the !*!@# they sell at the tavern! :lol:

When were ou last in the Tavern? Perfectly decent pint of John Smiths, and the house rum is rather nice. Even the alien agreed.

Anybody mentioned bikes yet?

Bicycle bicycle bicycle

I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle

I want to ride my bicycle

I want to ride my bike

I want to ride my bicycle

I want to ride it where I like

:D :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account