About 8.00pm last night a red light with an intermittent white light below passed over Bedders. It came over the Hartlands and crossed over the Top End then went towards the Station and off. I looked at the wind direction and that was in the same direction and seeing there was no sound associated I presume it must have been some sort of 'balloon', but the lights............? I wonder is someone phoned the cops to say their son was trapped inside!

As for a camera sadly no, by the time I got the tripod out and loaded the flash pan..........

About 8.00pm last night a red light with an intermittent white light below passed over Bedders. It came over the Hartlands and crossed over the Top End then went towards the Station and off. I looked at the wind direction and that was in the same direction and seeing there was no sound associated I presume it must have been some sort of 'balloon', but the lights............? I wonder is someone phoned the cops to say their son was trapped inside!

As for a camera sadly no, by the time I got the tripod out and loaded the flash pan..........

sure it wasn't the coppa choppa ? or hp's dummy :lol:

It might have been the tail end of a firework, there`s been a few going off.

Both myself and my daughter spotted it there was no noise as you so rightly said and your description is as we both saw it you forgot to mention how fast it was going and the only thing I can think of is it was a metorite burning up in the atmosphere it was a very strange site I must add.

Well Mrsvic said they'd be back.

Sure it wasn't one of those paper lanterns? snaps_lanterns_gallery__598x400.jpg

We saw one over ASDA a few weeks back and originally thought it was a UFO. Good thing we came to our senses as I was about to start following it... it was going in the direction of Blyth!

Saw some fireworks last night too mind.

And Jupiter.

Could be mrsvic, could be.......but who set if off and where?

Was it you Malcolm??!

I can confirm it was not us. Our paper lantern (Christmas gift from Claire) is sitting behind our wall-unit waiting to be set off on Bonfire Night... I'm giving you a prior warning there Malc so you can call Mulder and Scully...

Was it you Malcolm??!

I can confirm it was not us. Our paper lantern (Christmas gift from Claire) is sitting behind our wall-unit waiting to be set off on Bonfire Night... I'm giving you a prior warning there Malc so you can call Mulder and Scully...

Honest it wasn't me Gov.........

Ah well, cameras at the ready then......

Honest it wasn't me Gov.........

Ah well, cameras at the ready then......

Am I right in thinking you're not so bad at astro photography? ... you know what the Bedlington rumour mill is like!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now