Leisure Centre in Bedlington

May be in the wrong place here as havnt used this before but I would love to see someone in authority try and start some form of campaign for a leisure centre in Bedlington and some decent all weather floodlit football facilities. Ive lived here for 10 years and cant believe how little leisure facilities there are for such a large population and with there being so many kids. It is absolutely disgusting how Blyth, Ashington and Newbiggin constantly receive millions of pounds for leisure facilities and to better those towns when Bedlington gets a few expensive paving slabs, benches to sit on and a Tesco with a tree outside! Although it may be that Bedlington doesnt need a leisure centre after all as a new bmx/skatepark/football pitch/graffitti art area has just been completed in front of Tesco.I hope those pretend police staff (those young people who walk around in police uniform with no powers)are ready for the youth disorder about to occur there!! Oh I nearly forgot, we do have a three foot pool to use at Benet Biscops school- privileged or what? UNTIL LOCAL MP's TAKE BEDLINGTON SERIOUSLY IT WILL ALWAYS BE SECOND BEST TO THE AFOREMENTIONED TOWNS AND WILL NEVER PROGRESS. Whats the point I say...............as long as we live in Bedlington we will just have to stick to the Wii Fit............

Nothing like a good moan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May be in the wrong place here as havnt used this before but I would love to see someone in authority try and start some form of campaign for a leisure centre in Bedlington and some decent all weather floodlit football facilities. Ive lived here for 10 years and cant believe how little leisure facilities there are for such a large population and with there being so many kids. It is absolutely disgusting how Blyth, Ashington and Newbiggin constantly receive millions of pounds for leisure facilities and to better those towns when Bedlington gets a few expensive paving slabs, benches to sit on and a Tesco with a tree outside! Although it may be that Bedlington doesnt need a leisure centre after all as a new bmx/skatepark/football pitch/graffitti art area has just been completed in front of Tesco.I hope those pretend police staff (those young people who walk around in police uniform with no powers)are ready for the youth disorder about to occur there!! Oh I nearly forgot, we do have a three foot pool to use at Benet Biscops school- privileged or what? UNTIL LOCAL MP's TAKE BEDLINGTON SERIOUSLY IT WILL ALWAYS BE SECOND BEST TO THE AFOREMENTIONED TOWNS AND WILL NEVER PROGRESS. Whats the point I say...............as long as we live in Bedlington we will just have to stick to the Wii Fit............

Nothing like a good moan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read this and calm down!

that link was quite an amusing retort!sense of humour goes a long way but doesnt build a leisure centre :P

why does bedlington need a leisure centre? we've got other things such as the woods, the heaps (gallagher park), soon to be bmx track , football fields and a lovely new market place :D

why does bedlington need a leisure centre? we've got other things such as the woods, the heaps (gallagher park), soon to be bmx track , football fields and a lovely new market place :D

Depends what you mean by leisure centre. I think something like a general purpose indoor sports facility with provision for 5-a-side football, tennis, squash etc. would be great.

Swimming pool? perhaps not due to the serious expense that would be involved but it's certainly something to aim for.

What is going on with you Monsta you seem so calm {bring back the old Monsta) is there some one new in your life to make this change ,,,,,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: P.S good on you mate and have a good Xmas

May be in the wrong place here as havnt used this before but I would love to see someone in authority try and start some form of campaign for a leisure centre in Bedlington and some decent all weather floodlit football facilities.

There are a few groups working towards this goal and a feasability study is being carried out. There are two proposed sites. Gallagher Park and Meadowdale School.

The Friends of Gallagher Park have a website - http://friendsofgallagherpark.ning.com/

You may also like to attend the Bedlington Forum and Community Area Partnership meetings as the next meetings will be discussing this feasability study.

What is going on with you Monsta you seem so calm {bring back the old Monsta) is there some one new in your life to make this change ,,,,,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: P.S good on you mate and have a good Xmas

probably because all the extreme lefties are gone and there's no one to argue with? :(:lol: and have a merry christmas yourself! :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now