Thought The Market Was Moving To The Front Street?

Monsta®

ages ago i was led to believe the market was moving up to the frontstreet when finished? when will this happen as they take up to many useful car parking spaces with there tip rubbish! :lol:

There`s no place for a market on the Front street. They won`t be able to put it at the new market place, all the stones are wonky and sticking up :mellow:

There`s no place for a market on the Front street. They won`t be able to put it at the new market place, all the stones are wonky and sticking up :mellow:

probably for the best dont want people seeing that market its a fn disgrace! :lol:

theres nowt wrong with wonky man !! wonky is great man !!

post-2236-12634882048737_thumb.jpg

ages ago i was led to believe the market was moving up to the frontstreet when finished? when will this happen as they take up to many useful car parking spaces with there tip rubbish! :lol:

We covered this ages ago. The few traders who are left aren't interested in moving to the front for reasons discussed before, mainly concerning the inability to take their vehicles on site.

So I'm not the only one who noticed this.

It's a shame it's starting to look naff so soon after completion.

cowboys.gif

Cowboys! :lol:

AND they were on minimum wage!

I know for a fact that some of those workers had never done work like that before. Is it any wonder it turned out like it did? It`s like giving me a shovel and letting me get on with it :lol:

Is it any wonder it turned out like it did? It`s like giving me a shovel and letting me get on with it :lol:

I've just been around the Market Place and I couldn't see anything wrong with how they are laid. They haven't been "pointed" if that's the term. Could just be like tiling in that the slightest level difference is noticeable until they're grouted. I was told that they couldn't do it in the cold weather and it would be done in the spring.

Well then you obviously you have no knowledge of the building trade! To say there is nothing wrong with the slab laying says it all! I make my living in the general building trade. I watched with some amusement at their efforts and said to many at the time, 'I bet they don't last long' never for one moment did I think it would only be one month before I was proved right! York stone is one of the best, so you would think that the best would be used to lay them,yes? Not 'Black Labour'at £40 a day who haven't got a clue! This is FACT because I know who they were! This is not their fault but the fault of the people who employed them and who have ended up with a thick wedge in their back pockets! The 'pointing'would not have made any difference because of the way they were laid in the first place, you would probably have got another month if that, but to say it could only be done in the spring,utter nonsense! When this 'job', was 'finished' no snow ice or frost were present, even if it were a thick plastic membrane would have been sufficient to allow for the 'pointing' to be done,anyway it should be done with a dry mix!

Some slabs around the Needle are proud to about 5 to 10 mm sufficient for compensation claims, especially when they haven't been grouted!

I hope the contract included a re-med clause, if not I hope the money is available to rip this 'job' up and do it again properly!

Edited by Merlin

Well then you obviously you have no knowledge of the building trade!

No you're right and I don't pretend to, just commenting on what I've seen and been told. What I've been told is it's getting finished off in Spring. Next time I'm passing I'll have a look around the cross.

don't think those slabs get grouted! the ones in morpeth weren't nether were the ones layed in durham! its a design thing! :D

they will need a few months to settle in before they can be assessed and leveled course they should have been layed on somthing more than sand and cement :lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now