Dog Fouling

toffo

Horse apples ... reminds me of a story I was told decades ago (and repeated here in the language of the time - apologies).

There was this nutter looking over the wall at St George's (the Morpeth loony bin) when a horse & rider trotted past closely followed by an old bloke with a bucket and shovel. The loony asked the old bloke what he was doing and back came the reply, "I'm collecting this horse manure to put on my rhubarb". The loony replied, "that's odd, we get custard on ours in here".

So, what we have here are the seeds of a solution. We should conscript an 'army' of inmates from St George's to follow horses & riders to shovel the sh*te; we could call it Care in the Community. However, that leaves the problem of what to do with all the steamers left by the police horses on matchday at the Toon.

Does St George's still function as an Asylum? Or has it been demolished to make way for executive housing?

Wayward brats are more risk to us all than a few dog turds; fag ends, crisp packets, hockled-out chewing-gum, smashed alco-pop bottles and so on, and so on, aren't bio-degradable.

• Like 1

Wayward brats are more risk to us all than a few dog turds; fag ends, crisp packets, hockled-out chewing-gum, smashed alco-pop bottles and so on, and so on, aren't bio-degradable.

not to mention the discarded materesses and building waste thrown all over the hair pin bend! or the dorty smack needles youngins find under hedges! and am sure a dogs turd is less likely to be picked up by a youngin!

• Like 1

"...am sure a dogs turd is less likely to be picked up by a youngin!"

An excellent observation Monsta®

Perhaps we on the Forum should launch a campaign to ban brats from the parks, verges and woods unless under the direct control of a responsible adult?

not to mention the discarded materesses and building waste thrown all over the hair pin bend! or the dorty smack needles youngins find under hedges! and am sure a dogs turd is less likely to be picked up by a youngin!

OR even get your self across the 20 acers there must be 20/30 bottles smashed there after they were emptied of course and they have been there since sunday night / monday morning very considerate I,d say.

I mean who uses this fine facility dog walkers horse riders kids playing ball games fathers taking there children out for a walk probably Toffo himself but hey thats obviously not a problem I mean a few cuts here and there, visits to hospitals or vets if its animals .. sorry to bring this subject up again Toffo however I don,t visit this site every day for no other reason than I,m probably working and whilst your concerns are valid I do think they are very judgemental and tarred with the same brush attitude that EVERY DOG OWNER IS IRRISPONSIBLE and by looking at the wider picture that others have (see above) you will see that there is lots of problems out there for us ALL.

I think this problem goes way back its not just happened as I said in an earlier post... society / values / national pride.... some in society have no conscience and low moral standards and this has been left to happen but thats another story. :(

Oh, no! Not broken glass on 20 acres! That hallowed ground, that place dreams were enacted (jumpers for goals and banging-in a hat rick for the Toon), learning to ride a bike around the perimeter path, and of course the glorious shows on Picnic Day. Yep, there was dog !*!@# back in the day, but it was white; easy to see and great to score a goal with.

The feckless hoodies of today should be ashamed of themselves; I say if they want to smash bottles they should do it at Bedlington Station. ;)

Oh, no! Not broken glass on 20 acres! That hallowed ground, that place dreams were enacted (jumpers for goals and banging-in a hat rick for the Toon), learning to ride a bike around the perimeter path, and of course the glorious shows on Picnic Day. Yep, there was dog !*!@# back in the day, but it was white; easy to see and great to score a goal with.

The feckless hoodies of today should be ashamed of themselves; I say if they want to smash bottles they should do it at Bedlington Station. ;)

Smash bottles down the Station NEVER its the epitomy of what is right in this country :P they even play football in the MAIN road its THAT safe :P even the Police drive by without batting an eyelid well they don,t actually drive by they are collecting there well deserved food from the variouse eateries that are scattered about like confette. :rolleyes:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now