The Wharton Arms

Been talking to the landlady today:

Its the lease thats up for sale, and she's very interested in the source of the allegation, as she has had no such fine from Punch, who runs the pub....

So, if you could contact her and discuss this slanderous post, she'd be very happy to put you straight.

Also, theres a new game in the pub she'd like made public...

..every sunday, she's putting up 6 pints to the winner of a pool challange.

Pot as many pool balls as you can, after the break, the most potted wins 6 pints. other rules apply, but can be clarified in the bar. There is also a Key draw every sunday for anyone who wants to play, the tickets are £1 and the box contains £50 so far.... its £20 if your ticket is drawn, even if you dont open the box, so its a £70 jackpot next week with 11 keys left to draw, from a possible 16 keys at the beginning..

draw is at 4PM on sunday!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been talking to the landlady today:

Its the lease thats up for sale, and she's very interested in the source of the allegation, as she has had no such fine from Punch, who runs the pub....

So, if you could contact her and discuss this slanderous post, she'd be very happy to put you straight.

Also, theres a new game in the pub she'd like made public...

..every sunday, she's putting up 6 pints to the winner of a pool challange.

Pot as many pool balls as you can, after the break, the most potted wins 6 pints. other rules apply, but can be clarified in the bar. There is also a Key draw every sunday for anyone who wants to play, the tickets are £1 and the box contains £50 so far.... its £20 if your ticket is drawn, even if you dont open the box, so its a £70 jackpot next week with 11 keys left to draw, from a possible 16 keys at the beginning..

draw is at 4PM on sunday!

Good con that! Got nothing to do with how many tickets are sold. how can you or they say it's £70 next week.so you get three hundred people in next week(unbelievable i know! But bear with me)They all buy a ticket(unbelievable again) So thats £230 in their or your back pocket, just like the beer sales eh! Pity this draw wasn't metered! Maybe a call to trading standards would nullify the the slander accusation eh! Mate!

Good con that! Got nothing to do with how many tickets are sold. how can you or they say it's £70 next week.so you get three hundred people in next week(unbelievable i know! But bear with me)They all buy a ticket(unbelievable again) So thats £230 in their or your back pocket, just like the beer sales eh! Pity this draw wasn't metered! Maybe a call to trading standards would nullify the the slander accusation eh! Mate!

But how is it a con? It's got a better potential return rate than the National Lottery. Is that a con? You're very bitter for some reason, merlin!

The draw is metered by the number of tickets sold on the book. Each book contains 1000 tickets, so providing an income of £1000 per book.

A simple equasion will reveal that the number of tickets sold, cross referenced with the £30 paid out each week regardless will reveal a quite low profit margin. £40 worth of tickets sold only reveals a £10 profit, and that goes to the local boys football team. (i'd say which but i'm not certain which it is!)

The £70 is simply a total of 7 weeks without successfull box opening, at £10 a week.

With an average of 40 tickets sold per week, and 16 keys to choose from at the begining, its not that profitable, with approx 25% of ticket sales going to the benificiary, and the rest paid out to winners.

Of course, should more than £40 worth of tickets be sold, the only thing that benifits is the Footballers.

What would a call to trading standards do? :huh:

And the beer sales? Dont make me laugh!

The draw is metered by the number of tickets sold on the book. Each book contains 1000 tickets, so providing an income of £1000 per book.

A simple equasion will reveal that the number of tickets sold, cross referenced with the £30 paid out each week regardless will reveal a quite low profit margin. £40 worth of tickets sold only reveals a £10 profit, and that goes to the local boys football team. (i'd say which but i'm not certain which it is!)

The £70 is simply a total of 7 weeks without successfull box opening, at £10 a week.

With an average of 40 tickets sold per week, and 16 keys to choose from at the begining, its not that profitable, with approx 25% of ticket sales going to the benificiary, and the rest paid out to winners.

Of course, should more than £40 worth of tickets be sold, the only thing that benifits is the Footballers.

What would a call to trading standards do? :huh:

And the beer sales? Dont make me laugh!

local boys football team my a.r.s.e :lol: or should i say their a.r.s.e pocket!

Word is it's up for sale, don't know why though :rolleyes: Be a great place to build some flats :blink: So all this seems a little bit irrelevant :lol: :lol:

Good to see your still reading the topic before posting to it Merlin :rolleyes:

As for why, i have heard that Louise and her brother are on the papers, but the plan was for Louise and her Husband to actually do the day to day running of it.

Now, sadly, Louise's husband has passed away, and running a pub alone with 4 (?) children running round her feet is not quite working out.

Its a nice little pub, but the lack of a good ammount of parking means it'll always just be, just a nice little pub.

Its a shame, because 99% of the current regulars seem really canny people!

• Like 3

Good to see your still reading the topic before posting to it Merlin :rolleyes:

As for why, i have heard that Louise and her brother are on the papers, but the plan was for Louise and her Husband to actually do the day to day running of it.

Now, sadly, Louise's husband has passed away, and running a pub alone with 4 (?) children running round her feet is not quite working out.

Its a nice little pub, but the lack of a good ammount of parking means it'll always just be, just a nice little pub.

Its a shame, because 99% of the current regulars seem really canny people!

Must admit, The Wharton is a nice little pub. It`s still going after all these years...same faces, same craic..

Best of luck to it :)

Mr Darn, the wharton through good and bad times has always held it's head up above the others, the atmosphere has always been friendly, the beer it has to be said has seen it's bad times :o When others have slumped The Wharton has always had it's die hards which every pub needs. I have always regarded my times in there as pleasant and good fun no matter who has had their name above the door. If it is up for sale good luck to them and to whoever takes over. And if it's not well I hope the meters are kept clean ;)

Edited by Merlin

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now