Postal Scam........

It has been confirmed by Royal Mail.

The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655.

It has been confirmed by Royal Mail.

The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655.

I already know two people who have been victims of this.

I already know two people who have been victims of this.

Please see the official stance from ICSTIS at http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/output/news/postal-scam-chain-email-2009.aspx

Any number originating from the UK starting with the 090 prefix, cannot charge more than £1.50 per minute

Cheers

Please see the official stance from ICSTIS at http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/output/news/postal-scam-chain-email-2009.aspx

Any number originating from the UK starting with the 090 prefix, cannot charge more than £1.50 per minute

Cheers

Interesting. I wonder how they're doing it, then, because a friend of mine in Cheshire has been ripped off of upwards of £100, although not the £315 mentioned.

Interesting. I wonder how they're doing it, then, because a friend of mine in Cheshire has been ripped off of upwards of £100, although not the £315 mentioned.

it may be that they deliberately keep the caller on the line, there are similar scams going round claiming you are charged £50 per minute for the same sort of thing even though the caller calls a 090xx number, all I would say is beware.

Also the iGlobal lot are calling again, claiming that your computer is producing virus reports, despite them not being able to provide one shred of proof, and they will ask for the owner of the telephone line and then start their garbage script.

it may be that they deliberately keep the caller on the line, there are similar scams going round claiming you are charged £50 per minute for the same sort of thing even though the caller calls a 090xx number, all I would say is beware.

Also the iGlobal lot are calling again, claiming that your computer is producing virus reports, despite them not being able to provide one shred of proof, and they will ask for the owner of the telephone line and then start their garbage script.

Indeed, Andy, my friend tells me it was a scam totally unconnected with the one being hoaxed right now. The other guy I can't get hold of for info. iGlobal, or someone of that ilk, call me regularly. I tell them politely not to bother.

funny how these scams always come from third world countries! such as belize, somalia and nigeria

Something to do with less regulations I would think, Monsta.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now