Royal Mail Stamp Price Increases

tomtom

The price of a first class stamp is to go up to 46p (that's almost ten bob) in old money - little wonder that the volume of letters posted is decreasing year by year -I think it's a case of the Law of Diminishing Returns - the more the price goes up the less stamps they sell. I know for one thing, I WILL NOT be posting my Xmas Cards this year!

The price of a first class stamp has risen from 41 pence to 46 pence or just over 12% and the price of a second class stamp has risen from 32 pence to 36 pence for a rise of 12.5%.

A first-class, large letter stamp has risen from 66 pence to 75 pence which is 13.5% and a second class one from 51 pence to 58 pence for a rise of 13.7%.

The explanation: Royal Mail have said they have seen sharp declines in mail volume, so revenues are falling.

Is it just me……… what planet are these people on?

The price of a first class stamp has risen from 41 pence to 46 pence or just over 12% and the price of a second class stamp has risen from 32 pence to 36 pence for a rise of 12.5%.

A first-class, large letter stamp has risen from 66 pence to 75 pence which is 13.5% and a second class one from 51 pence to 58 pence for a rise of 13.7%.

The explanation: Royal Mail have said they have seen sharp declines in mail volume, so revenues are falling.

Is it just me……… what planet are these people on?

Ya gotta laugh at 'em

reminds me of the pubs. 'Less people are using our pubs so we have to put the prices up' Result, even fewer people use their pubs! Result 'Less people are using our.................' Result, even fewer people..............'. etc etc. Like Malcolm says 'What planet are these people from?'

reminds me of the pubs. 'Less people are using our pubs so we have to put the prices up' Result, even fewer people use their pubs! Result 'Less people are using our.................' Result, even fewer people..............'. etc etc. Like Malcolm says 'What planet are these people from?'

Same planet as those that brought in the smoking ban Merlin.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now