The Station Market 2012

With the new year brings new stalls, new ideas and a fresh outlook.

The Station Market exists to serve the people of Bedlington and surrounding areas, for that reason I would ask anyone that has been, or is interested in going, to leave constructive feedback about their experience and what they would like to see in the future.

Now obviously one of the things that will be suggested will be more stalls and we do agree. Two types of stalls that we would like for the market are clothing and jewellery, so if anyone has a stall elsewhere and would like to give the Station Market a try then please leave a message on here, call Russell on 07926 021402 or even pop round to check it out. We would be interested in any other stall ideas and offers so please do get in touch.

At the moment we have DVD's and CD's, household cleaning, giftware, books, Fruit and veg, bric-a-brac, and as of Monday John will be returning to help keep you warm during this cold, wet and windy winter with his thermal vests, hats and socks. Another stall coming soon will be pet suplies so watch this space for that.

In order to meet everyones expectations of the market we need your input, so please use this opportunity to tell us exactly what you want, and I will strive to keep you informed on our progress.

New to The Station Market in 2012

Let us help you clean up this winter with fantastic prices on all our cleaning products.

If you live in Bedlington, and would like the cleaning products delivered we will do this completely FREE of charge.

How to buy

Either call in to The Station Indoor Market (Next to Keenleysides DIY, Bedlington Station),

E-mail your order to ultimategiftsdirect@gmail.com

or

You can call 07733843157

----------------

General cleaning

Pack of 10 all purpose cloths £1.00

Easy 625ml washing up liquid Extra hygiene £1.00

Pair of rubber gloves Large £1.00

Pack of 2 Stainless Steel scourers £1.00

Antibacterial disinfectant £1.00

Pack of 2 kitchen towels Gentille £1.15

Roll of 6 yellow dusters £1.50

Roll of 3 tea towels £1.50

Roll of 4 Floor Cloths £1.50

Packet 5 Sponge Cloths £1 pack

Roll of 6 Large Dishcloths 14"square £1.50

20 Extra Heavy Duty Black Bin Bags £1.50

300ml Furniture Polish Lavender £1.50

Antibacterial hand wash blue £1.25

Astonish Oxy-Gel Trigger Spray 750ml £1.50

Astonish 750ml Kitchen cleaner Trigger £1.50

Astonish 750ml Flawless Wood Floor Cleaner £1.50

Laundry

Box of 780g 3 in 1 Easy lemon washing powder £1.25

Box of 780g Biological easy washing powder £1.25

Box of 780g non bio easy washing powder £1.25

1 Litre easy washing liquid aloe vera non bio £1.40

1 Litre easy washing liquid 3in1 £1.40

Easy 2L Blue Spring Fabric Conditioner £1.60

Easy 2L aloe vera easy iron fabric conditioner £1.60

Washing bag with 4 laundry balls £1.50

It would help if some of the stall holders would slap a smile on their faces. I have been in a few times when it was quiet and I have to say it was depressing, the stall holders were just standing around looking morbid, not even talking to each other. That sort of atmosphere is infective and to be honest I could not wait to get out, empty handed at that and I whent round to Sonias and got what I wanted there.Never mind putting more stalls on, they need to lighten up and make people feel more welcome or lose potential customers.

Apologies for your experience, but it isnt usually like that so if that was your experience pop round and ask for Steve, I will get you a free cuppa and will listen to any other comments you may have. I'm in every day.

You say it isn't actually like that, but the fact is, it was like that and I am not the only Station resident to have that view, many of whom I have spoken to have said the same. A market (indoors or outdoors) should be upbeat, the stall holders should be giving the punters a lift not sending them out the door tripping over their bottom lip en-route to Boots for some vallium. I am a great supporter of having something like this at the Station, but for gods sake lets have some enthusiasm about the place or the next thing you know we will be bleating on about yet another empty building in Bedlington Station, and that, I am sure you would agree, is the very last thing that anyone wants. May well take you up on your offer of a cuppa and a chat though. Edited by keith

You say it isn't actually like that, but the fact is, it was like that and I am not the only Station resident to have that view, many of whom I have spoken to have said the same. A market (indoors or outdoors) should be upbeat, the stall holders should be giving the punters a lift not sending them out the door tripping over their bottom lip en-route to Boots for some vallium. I am a great supporter of having something like this at the Station, but for gods sake lets have some enthusiasm about the place or the next thing you know we will be bleating on about yet another empty building in Bedlington Station, and that, I am sure you would agree, is the very last thing that anyone wants. May well take you up on your offer of a cuppa and a chat though.

Anytime mate, and like I say I really do appreciate the feedback.

Well, I called in today at 12 o'clock. The wife and I wandered around for 10 mins or so then left. Why did we not buy anything ? Not only were we the only customers, we were the only ones in there. There was not one single stall manned, not even the snack counter. We whent across the road to the butchers (we were in there for a while because the wife can talk a glass eye to sleep). After leaving the butchers I whent back across to the market, still no-one manning their stalls, that was 12:45, so again I got what I wanted at Sonias.

I did pick up a copy of the market survey to fill in but to be honest I don't think there is even any point in filling it in. When I looked in after leaving the butchers there were some customers leaving (via Keenlysides shop) and I overheard one of them saying that, that was a complete waste of time . Frankly, I agree.

Well, I called in today at 12 o'clock. The wife and I wandered around for 10 mins or so then left. Why did we not buy anything ? Not only were we the only customers, we were the only ones in there. There was not one single stall manned, not even the snack counter. We whent across the road to the butchers (we were in there for a while because the wife can talk a glass eye to sleep). After leaving the butchers I whent back across to the market, still no-one manning their stalls, that was 12:45, so again I got what I wanted at Sonias.

I did pick up a copy of the market survey to fill in but to be honest I don't think there is even any point in filling it in. When I looked in after leaving the butchers there were some customers leaving (via Keenlysides shop) and I overheard one of them saying that, that was a complete waste of time . Frankly, I agree.

There are only two people working at the market whilst the other stall holders have a break. Everyone returns on Monday, and at the time you mentioned I was on my lunch. The other lad would have been in Keenleysides as we sometimes help out if the market is quiet. Any member of staff would have given him a call to come back to assist you with anything you wanted. It was just bad timing that you arrived on my break. There is another stall being added to the market on Monday which will be there for the full 6 days per week, and another expected later on in the week.

like the glass eye bit i think i may be married to her sister ?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now