Another Bedlington Video

Excellent vidieo Malcome, certainly hightlights the needs for sporting facilities. I remember when I was young we used to play football in the corn field oppisit the Oval it was not flat it was rough ground but it was somewhere to go. But I notice that even that has gone now its covered in buildings.

Pete,

The footballers actually have it pretty good..............well for about 1 month at the start of the season after that the pitches are all played out!

Then looking at things like changing rooms, toilets etc............unbelievable!

30,000 people and no facilities..........its just plain ridiculous!

Anything that gets young people moving and away from the sedentary lifestyle that predominates today ( I'm thinking about computer games mainly) gets my vote. It's maybe a huge investment initially but it's an investment for their future health and that's a saving in the long run. Why do councillers have such difficulty seeing that?

What surprises me is that even without all of these facilities, we have the likes of Humford woods around the corner and some lovely walks in the area yet when I have the dogs down there I will be lucky if I see 1 or 2 people in the space of a couple of hours!

But then again they do say that if your not scared to be in the woods you are the one scaring people away.

Anything to improve the facilities in the area on this sort of venture definitely gets the thumbs up for me. I keep saying that I should do some more exercise but I refuse to travel to go and play football due to the price of fuel etc so facilities around the corner with perhaps a 5-a-side power league ran daily would definitely be a hit.

There are plenty of the little buggers playing outside Tesco against the shop fronts so they could put their energy to good use and play as a team away from the roads.

The closest place to us for a proper 5-a-side league must be Gosforth Park, I used to travel and play in a league in Eldon Square but simply can't afford to travel those distances a couple of times a week.

Edited by Brettly

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now