Global Warming....good Or Bad?

Yup, the latest bout of alarmism from the IPCC surely illustrates that their case is crumbling. Even a courageous one of their number defecting (and putting his job at risk) on the grounds that the alarmism isn't at all warranted.

There's no doubt a section of society that actually wills MMGW to be true.  It suits their sense of "justice" and how things should be.  It's religion for the irreligious.  It ticks all the boxes in a belief-set that sees the present course of society and human development as misdirected.  It's the same bunch of people who have got overworked about other issues in the past - nuclear disarmament - hole in the ozone layer - nuclear power - "globalisation" etc.  They are essentially Stalinist in their misplaced concerns; anyone who disagrees must be a "class-enemy" and eliminated (sacked).  Anything which points to the fact that they may be wrong must be suppressed.  Quite a few of them in the Beeb I think.

The present bunch buy heavily into Gaia theory - up to a point - but when its author says nuclear power is the only sane way to go they don't want to listen any further. That's because there's an irreconcilable conflict with another irrational thread.  A lot of these extremely vocal and irrational people are in the green movement.  Which is a shame, because it detracts from some of the more useful messages from that direction.  Every religion has its admirable good intentions, together with followers who do great harm under the moral cloak so provided.

First the Yep, very interesting. I enjoyed that, thanks Malcolm.

Just proves my theory I have developed over my whole life - Every body has different ideas and you need someone to make the decision, rightly or wrongly.

I still feel that after taking the time to watch it all - 75+ mins I must add my bit:-

Man made Global Warming

Medieval Warm Period

Holocene Maximum

So now we have the inconvenient truth we can relax knowing that all the hot air from the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s will soon escape our atmosphere.

Once we have eaten all the livestock on the planet and gone vegetarian the planet will benefit.

If we can get Keith to check for sun spots and publish his daily findings Bedlington will know how to plan the number of Ice Cream vans to have out each day.

Conclusion s

Today's global warming is a result of expelled hot air from theories the mouths of protesters complaining that Britain was warming up following a period of 4 decades of cooling.

The Thames  (and hopefully the river Blyth) will freeze over again.

If we solve global warming thousands will be out of work, there will be more decades of hot air from unemployed scientists saying it was all Margaret Thatcher's fault and Britain will again freeze over.

No climate models, including Elle Macpherson, have everything going for them.

Bottle permafrost and sell it to Australia and your descendants will be rich for ever.

If you take a holiday in Iceland don't forget to take your mosquito protection spray.

Buy less clothes and spend the savings enjoying the rest of your life and leave the tweaking of forecasts and predictions up to the scientific community who have spent the last 30 years in doors, away from the sun. 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now