We All Feel The Pinch!

Ah - they are all at it!  At what, you ask?  At bleating on about squeezed resources.

There's Millipede bleating on about the squeezed middle, our friends up North West in your article, and a member of my family who can't make a choice between embellishments that aren't actually needed!  There's even an article in the Telegraph bleating on about people on £120K p/a not being able to afford to dine out!

We'll... message to you Mr Morpeth CoT Treasurer; Mr Potential Economy-Wrecker II;  Ms Judith Woods of The Telegraph, and lastly my family member:  Life is about making the right choices!  Not the things it would be nice to have, but the things that ensure a better future. A choice between enjoying it now, or ensuring that come a rainy day you - and the people around you - have, what will by then, be regarded as the essentials.  The globalisation - much beloved by Gordo - means that things can only get tougher as there's more competition for available resources.

Things rating high on my current non-essentials list are: eating out, Sky TV subscriptions, and fancy gates! :D

'I make £120,000 but I can't recall the last time we went out for dinner'

P.S. If there are any local people still of the opinion that New Labour is for the workers, then think on that squeezed middle sound-bite.  They may well be for the workers, but their idea of work isn't remotely yours!  It's distinctly non-manual work, and the North East no longer features in their plans - always assuming, since Blair, it ever did!  If you really want to join in (21st century) class war then vote UKIP, they are for manual workers, and our country! ;)

Or as my grandmother told her mother when working in a munitions factory in Scotland, and asked if she was saving for a rainy day - "it always rains in Scotland mother".  Be careful one day you don't wake up old and infirm and not able to enjoy what you have saved so hard for!  Somewhere there is a middle ground.

1544428_749271805094712_7506260606784235

Nope, Manuel stops at the white cliffs of Dover!  :D

A torrent of ex-pats returning from Spain who thought the EU meant easy jobs in the sun. Record unemployment there, especially youth unemployment.  Only fools put other nations before their own!  Things... can only get tougher... can only get tougher!  You know the tune - or d-ream on with the LDs?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now