Population Numbers

Maggie/915

The population numbers are very confusing.

Bedlington is 15,400 but does that include North Bedlington 9,350

And Cambois 3,836

Then there is Choppington Stakeford and Guidepost 9,594! Is this the North Bedlington figure.

Ashington 27,335 but what does that include and exclude

Morpeth 16,000

Blyth 35,818 in 2001

Then said to be 36,071

Newbiggen no figure

Lynemouth 1,832

Woodhorn. No figure

I am very confused and trying very hard to justify why Ashington is so very important that it gets huge funds from NCC.

New leisure centre 21 million.

New County Hall no figure as yet, none that I know of !

Please help if you can, I know the Forum has people very good at 'Figures!'

Maggs,

The population figures at the last census were something like 29,000 odd for Bedlingtonshire and 31,000 odd for Ashington. These were the only two I totted up becasue I though with all the new builds we have seen over the last few years we might have been on par or even more populated than Ashington. Still with only one or two thousand difference the facilites going into one area and absolutly nothing for the other area cannot be justified.

This illustrates the well documented political tactic of fragmentation in order to subjugate - embraced by our EU overlords.  Knocking the shire off Bedlington should have alerted keener minds, but the salami-slicing politicos had their excuses lined up, and they sounded so so plausible at the time.  Efficiency - reorganisation - unity - more "influence" - a better future...

Remember this when the EU debate gets under-way: it's not what they say that matters, it's what they really intend!  What they really intend is already out there if you care to look.  It's an expansionist European superstate with its own super-scale military which will be well laced with Teutonic DNA. Look no further than the Ukraine to see a tiny taste of the future.

The EU is one of those mass delusions of history, and the politicos who allow our country to dig ourselves in deeper (and be bribed with our own money) the fools of history. Anyone of an age knows our involvement was founded on a blatant and deliberate lie, but the salami-slicing politicos are allowed to continue by younger generations who haven't had the breadth of experience.  Let's lower the voting age again - that's only fair!

Oh, and "if there is any proposal in the next parliament for a transfer of powers to Brussels we will have an in/out referendum".  Notice the "in the next parliament" weasel words?  Those powers were transferred on 1st November and the salami-slicing politicos kept their mouths firmly shut on the matter!

So.. what has the EU got to do with our Bedington's present predicament you say?  Well, it just a different aspect of exactly the same thing, and fool if you think it's over - it's only just begun!  Wise up and use your democratic right to say no-more - whilst you still have it!

Maggs,

The population figures at the last census were something like 29,000 odd for Bedlingtonshire and 31,000 odd for Ashington. These were the only two I totted up becasue I though with all the new builds we have seen over the last few years we might have been on par or even more populated than Ashington. Still with only one or two thousand difference the facilites going into one area and absolutly nothing for the other area cannot be justified.

How many regenerations of the town centres have Blyth and ashington had over the last 20 yrs

All proves the figures can be misrepresented.

The truth is there we just have to find it.

It seems very sad that (it appears ) we have been left out because people have interpreted the population numbers incorrectly .

We need clarification or an apology before voting in May.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now