Bedlington.co.uk Advertising

mercuryg

totally agree (we must stop doing that!!) but I had to laugh when the other half (her most expensiveness - she who must be obeyed etc.) pointed out a site which highlighted what had been substituted by the shop when orders were put in -- was good for a laugh!!! 

although I do have some trepidation about the whole online thing -- yes its can be much cheaper - but at the cost of delivery and returns - what cost to the environment? - we use a lot of online services -- because we are very rural and it has become the saviour of many rural communities but possibly at the cost of local business and that thing which is so hard to assess - the actual interaction of local folk in shops? the world is changing - but all changes have a price --

"the actual interaction of local folk in shops"

This is of course the downside. Related, the one thing I miss about working for myself, from home, is the company of others, the laughs during breaks at the coffee machine, the lunch time and office banter, the friendships made. All of this will go in the name of efficiency, but mark my words, it will happen.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now