Because They're Worth It!

threegee

Fit for an emperor, EU diplomats plan £2 million dinner service Crystal whisky glasses, silver candelabras and fine china decorated with gold EU flags to form glittering dinner service for Brussels' ascendant diplomatic corps

No, it's not the Daily Mail or Express - it's the pro-EU Torygraph that's outraged this time!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/11747506/eu-diplomats-plan-fine-dining-service.html

The dinner service, which stands to be larger and nearly ten times the cost of one recently purchased for the White House, marks the coming of age of the EEAS as a fully-fledged diplomatic corps.

Created by the 2009 Lisbon Treaty, it is headed by High Representative Federica Mogherini, a former Young Communist who became the Italian Foreign Minister. The service has a staff of 3,400, a budget of 793 million euros (£550 million) and outposts covering the Seychelles, Australia, Canada and Kazakhstan.

Just wait until struggling Greeks (who are about to see some basic food prices hiked by 10% as part of the latest austerity package) get wind of this.

GGG, they're all at it,  the EU shysters aren't alone at stiffing the punters.  Reports in the press yesterday grassed-up the Westminster shysters much expanded expensive wine cellar ... free top plonko for MPs.  Ditto, fine wine cellars for the Officer class in their messes at all army bases;  ditto, for the Officer class in the Navy;  ditto, for the Officer class in the RAF.  Let's not stop there ... top beaks supping the free stuff in chambers;  ditto, the top table at the Oxbridge dining clubs.  Ought for nowt is their mantra ... cheating bastaards!

Once these folks get anywhere near a pot of somebody else's dosh they spend, spend, spend.  Take for example the 'small businessman' getting startup funding ... yep, he'll buy his raw materials and his plant and lease his premises but will often kit out his office with the finest furniture and ensure he drives one of Fritz's top motors.  The wiff of all that money is just irresistable.

"Take for example the 'small businessman' getting startup funding"

All but impossible these days. Especially in the North.

merc - my reference to "startup funding" was just shorthand for any type of funding, wherever it was obtained from, used to launch some of these ventures.  Oh, and I forgot to mention that the 'business man' can just 'walk away' owing piles of dosh and startup another racket.

New analysis by the TaxPayers' Alliance of official European Development Fund records has exposed the wasteful projects funded by the European Commission, costing British taxpayers millions of pounds a year.

Among the funding commitments uncovered by the TaxPayers' Alliance are:

• €245,837 (£173,364) on the Nafasi Arts Space in Dar Es Salaam, which among other initiatives ran a course called "Chap Chap Plastic" inviting local people to join artists and learn "how to make art from plastic bags"
  • €215,972 (£152,293) on Fit for Life, a programme which includes weekly trapeze, acrobatics, and juggling lessons in Tanzania
  • €184,975 (£130,435) to support the "media and communications" work of the EU in Jamaica
  • €180,000 (£126,933) for a "Study on Pacific Coconut Development"
  • €176,276 (£134,312) to boost wildlife tourism in Swaziland in 2012
  • €114,288 (£80,597) to facilitate a conference of Culture Ministers from a variety of African countries to discuss economic growth and the African cultural economy - in Brussels
  • €107,341 (£75,698) for officials to attend a renewable energy conference in Aruba
  • €500,000 (£352,589) towards the Culture Fund Zimbabwe Trust, which funds artists in the country, and whose Chief Executive describes Robert Mugabe as a "hero" and defends him from corruption allegations
  • €26,900 (£18,969) on a study into "the youth perceptions, attitudes and views towards EU development policy", which revealed young people like "playing and watching sports", "dating" and "listening to music"
  • €25,000 (£17,629) on the Zimbabwe Pavilion at the Venice Biennale, Europe's premier art festival
  • Separate grants of €198,464, €86,860 and €45,873 (total: £233,537) in 2011 to "confidential" projects in Belgium. No further information is available.

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/how_european_union_aid_is_squandered_on_wasteful_projects

All of these projects (and far more) are using OUR TAXES to propagandise and glorify the EU!  It's not EU money, it's UK, ring-fenced, overseas aid money being "re-purposed" to promote the great EU political project, at a time when huge welfare cuts are being planned in this country.  At least our welfare waste is spent in this country, and mostly makes its way back into the public purse sooner or later - well.. unless it's paid to Eastern Europeans to repatriate to boost their own home-based welfare dependency.  No wonder Poles just love the EU, and how seamlessly it taps into UK wealth!

The EU: bleeding the UK dry!  As far as ordinary Brits are concerned there's absolutely no economic case for being a EU member, the rest is total propaganda!

merc - my reference to "startup funding" was just shorthand for any type of funding, wherever it was obtained from, used to launch some of these ventures.  Oh, and I forgot to mention that the 'business man' can just 'walk away' owing piles of dosh and startup another racket.

I understand, sorry, didn't mean to undermine you. I was referring to the fact that it is nigh on impossible for someone starting up a genuine small business (such as my own one man band) to get any funding these days; I was lucky, being the last recipient of an award from Wansbeck Works as well as one of the last to benefit from the excellent help from Go Wansbeck. Neither now exist. I guess what 3G is on about is the European funds,  which also doesn't exist for the likes of myself.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now