Boris is ambitious; so what!

threegee

Interesting that certain newspapers are blasting Boris Johnson for being scheming and ambitious.  Show me a politico that isn't, and I will show you one that is retiring or quitting politics very soon.  Do we need a PM who isn't ambitious, particularly if that doesn't include ambition for their country too?

Duplicitous Dave 's ambition only goes as far himself and his tenure as boss of a rapidly federalising Europe.  Like Teflon Tony his being UK PM is only a leg up in his internationalist ambitions - after that their country can go hang.  Nothing made this clearer than his recent exhorting to Tory MPs to ignore their constituency associations. That must surely qualify him for a seat on the Council of Ministers - failed national politicos all!

A bonus to voting Out is that Dave will be forced to go right away, and his term as EU Council President late next year will be ended as decisively as Blair's EU supremo job was snatched away by Dave's very own scheming.  There's a tiny bit of natural justice in that.

Boris may already have decided Out when Nigel Farage told him last week that siding with Dave's quisling government would put him on the wrong side of history and kill his prospects of ever leading the Tory party stone dead.  If so that shows he's ahead of the game, which is what we need a PM to be.  If not it illustrates he listens to all the evidence and puts facts, broader opinion, and realistically achievable outcomes before party loyalty - also what this country needs in a leader.

Make no mistake, I'm certainly not a Boris supporter (I don't even vote Tory), but when it comes down to basics Boris is infinitely preferable as a leader of this country to Dave and his scheming minions.

On 22/02/2016 at 10:45, threegee said:

Make no mistake, I'm certainly not a Boris supporter (I don't even vote Tory), but when it comes down to basics Boris is infinitely preferable as a leader of this country to Dave and his scheming minions.

Got to hand it to you 3g you don't half talk some tripe at times, good tripe at times but tripe non the less.

There are consolations though, Boris chatting to Cor wassis name over the dispatch boxes with Putin and Trump in floating about in the background ...................Now that IS frightening.

Why am  I filled with fear for my grand children? But there you go my grand father probably had similar  thoughts about Chamberlain, Hitler and Stalin................ It does make you think though dunnit? 

BB

• Like 1

News sites full of tripe today about how Britain isn't good enough to survive if allowed to govern itself.

Good on Boris for having the sense to (hopefully) research and educate himself instead of listening to the propaganda we're being fed. I like Boris on general, though I hate what he's done to London's road infrastructure, and I detest that he often finds it difficult to answer questions.

Sadly there's a section of people who fall for the propaganda from the EU.

Anyone read or believe that we are better off being governed by the EU should talk about it, because the stuff in reading in the media at the moment can generally be proven utterly wrong.

Let's be proud of our country, I believe in us :)

• Like 2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now