Clean Up Day

When i last visited Bedlngton I went down to the woods to revisit where I played when I was a kid,I must say I was surprised by the amount of junk that was in the once clean river Blyth, here they have a clean-up day once a year,a number of people go out and tidy up the beaches and all around the local area,do we have a tidy up day for Bedlington and especially the once lovely woods,if we do give me the date and it will give me an excuse to return to lend a hand ( and have a few pints with my rellies ) ...............BC

When i last visited Bedlngton I went down to the woods to revisit where I played when I was a kid,I must say I was surprised by the amount of junk that was in the once clean river Blyth, here they have a clean-up day once a year,a number of people go out and tidy up the beaches and all around the local area,do we have a tidy up day for Bedlington and especially the once lovely woods,if we do give me the date and it will give me an excuse to return to lend a hand ( and have a few pints with my rellies ) ...............BC

Dont get me started on the woods! You didnt notice dog dump swinging from branches in plastic bags did you?

Seriously though, not sure if we do have a tidy up day, dont think we do...

Dont get me started on the woods! You didnt notice dog dump swinging from branches in plastic bags did you?

Seriously though, not sure if we do have a tidy up day, dont think we do...

Can one be organized, i did notice the dog droppings in bags hanging from tree branches...

what is the point of cleaning up the woods? you know yourself it's a nice thought but it will just get trashed again!

"What's the point"!

That sad hopeless cry of defeat is beginning to sound like Bedlington's epitaph!

If that is all that you have to say in the face of any and all difficulty, then you may as well quit living and go on permanent welfare.

Like Australia, all across Canada, there are annual cleanup campaigns where social groups, children's groups, and just plain concerned citizens, get together and clean up the parks, rivers, and other public areas.

"What's the point" is that if that is all that you have to say. Then you are a major part of the problem. So why don't you just stand aside, and let the more energetic citizens get at the job!

Joe

"What's the point"!

That sad hopeless cry of defeat is beginning to sound like Bedlington's epitaph!

If that is all that you have to say in the face of any and all difficulty, then you may as well quit living and go on permanent welfare.

Like Australia, all across Canada, there are annual cleanup campaigns where social groups, children's groups, and just plain concerned citizens, get together and clean up the parks, rivers, and other public areas.

"What's the point" is that if that is all that you have to say. Then you are a major part of the problem. So why don't you just stand aside, and let the more energetic citizens get at the job!

Joe

i was not say there is no point! i was just say the chava's will simply fill it up with beer cans in a matter of days!!! not to mention the fly tippers etc

i wish it was clean and tidy! every thing just gets trashed! remember those numbered posts for that walk. they lasted all of two weeks. i am amazed that janus is still there and has not been weighed in for scrap!

"What's the point"!

Joe

Too true Joe, there are too many Monsta's who make excuses, plenty lip service and no action.

Whatever you think, you have to admire the dexterity of the dogs.

Typical :(

Too true Joe, there are too many Monsta's who make excuses, plenty lip service and no action.

Typical :(

It is apparent we have a lot of negativity coming from some of our most respective contributors to this site, simply reading some of the posts made me feel like saying well " no point to it " and then Joe made his contribution and it made sense c'mon lets have a go at getting the woods cleaned up,if some of the kids get involved they then may start to appreciate what is staring them in the face...................BC