The Time Has Come?

who else thinks they should be sorted?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest missvic

And if it is voted that I should have them taken away (by real people who post on here - not including multiple identities!) I would accept that as the democratic decision.

I would also set up a poll to decide if some members should have all members rights relieved from them and would expect them to accept their fate with similar grace -_-

Somehow, I don't think setting up a poll to eradicate members will work.

Besides, how would you do it? You would have to list every member of the forum for it to be fair.

Moderators are not a bad thing... I think Cympil was right about moderator rules / guidelines though.

Standard member rules can't always apply because moderators have extended rights. Standard members cant edit, delete or even add jokes to peoples posts.

Moderators should be asked to read moderator rules or guidelines before applying.

About deleting posts... If posts can be edited, then I don't think theres a need to delete them. Generally, if a discussion requires noticeable moderation, then chances are that it's pretty heated. People comment because they want to have their say and if you take that away from them....well....it won't be pleasant!

Giving reasons for editing or deleting posts would also be nice... it may make the author annoyed or angry, but it would probably avoid major drama and flames.

Every forum needs moderators, but what does everyone else think?

i think it would be polite if they would give us notice before removing posts, in order that people can edit there own posts to make them acceptable!

delete me i'll just come back under a different name and ip address!

and i think polling people out will just be a big scam as you've got all your little bum chums there to back you up! like ck and the rest! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink:

Guest missvic

and i think polling people out will just be a big scam as you've got all your little bum chums there to back you up! like mongo and the rest! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink:

and i think polling people out will just be a big scam as you've got all your little bum chums there to back you up! like mongo and the rest! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink:

i`m not a bum chum, i know a few ar*eholes though :lol:

Seriously though, since chat central has started,i`m quite happy with things..i don`t swear much anyway,i just laugh at other people swearing so my posts have been left alone..am gud me :D

at least mongo's honest! unlike some on here backstabbing b******** gan and play in your rubber fetish suit! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i was reading somewhere that moderators have there own private forum...and that they can ban users without the member knowing he was banned...

"The idea was never to let the banned user know he/she had been banned by making his/her posts invisible to regular user, but visible to banned users. That seemed pretty easy to implement to me, and also pretty effective."

Is that what was happening a few weeks ago when no-one was posting? :blink:

Guest missvic
i was reading somewhere that moderators have there own private forum...and that they can ban users without the member knowing he was banned...

"The idea was never to let the banned user know he/she had been banned by making his/her posts invisible to regular user, but visible to banned users. That seemed pretty easy to implement to me, and also pretty effective."

Is that what was happening a few weeks ago when no-one was posting? :blink:

Eh?

The moderator forum? Sounds a bit like the masons to me... I can certainly say that there isn't one here... that I know about :blink:

Perhaps the conspiracy theories are going a bit too far? Though I always liked the one by David Ike about Princess Maragaret being a lizard...

Guest missvic

Oh and well done Cympil! Your good behaviour has been noted and will hopefully be commended in the New Year's Honours list :D

You dont need to swear to be understood. Kids might read this site. I think people should talk about whatever subject they want but an adult with common sense knows how to keep it clean. Monsta get rid of your antidisastablishment beliefs and get on having some fun. Hitting out at the mods is not fun. You got your own talking crap space and everyone has noted that its unfare for the mods to be click happy, move on, new subject please.

:lol: its a bit big like..saying that,it wud have to be big to fit it owa my head :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: