Tommy Nesbitt

56 minutes ago, Heather White said:

Hello, I am looking for any information regarding Thomas Nesbitt who I believe lived in Bedlington  in the 1940/50s.  This is for family research and any information would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

Can't remember the name @Heather White. I lived in the Oval area of Bedlington in the 1950's and 60's.

Remember a couple of Nesbitt's from school  but they were Edward (Teddy) Nesbitt from Barrington, went to Barrington CP school up to 1960,  and Dennis Nesbitt from west Sleekburn. both of then went to Bedlington grammar school from 1960 - Teddy finished school in 1965 and Dennis finished in 1967.

Hi Heather, welcome to the forum.

Nesbitt has been  a fairly common name in Bedlington, Netherton and Cramlington. It's popped up often during my research. Can you say anything more about Thomas: date of birth or parents names are always a good start. Do you know his place of birth or his occupation?

• Like 1

Heather - George (Geordie) Nesbitt was in my class at school; he'll be 72 now.  I don't know if he's one of your Nesbitts.  He lived in The Hartlands estate.  He was a good footballer and played for the school teams as a goalkeeper - there's a school football photo of him in the gallery somewhere ... I look for it when I've a bit more time and post the link.

• Like 1

Just found the photo in Gallery ... Geordie is 1st left back row.  Kitted as an outfield player so my memory of him playing in goal was muddled.  He was part of our group of lads from the 'West End'  (the Hartlands, the Riggs and the Leaches Estate) who'd play football all day on 20 acres (a large grass area alongside Hartford Road).  The goalie in the photo is Micky Routledge. 

Football team1965-66 with names

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now