Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Bedlington.uk

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

  1. I will make the effort to switch off when the daily TV evening news is on during this 'phone-hacking trial'. The last time I would have bought a newspaper would have been May 1990. Working in London, from 1987 to 1990, I started buying the Daily Express, not to read 'news' stories, to block out all the commuters on my daily underground tube journey into work. It was just to turn to the puzzle page after having a chuckle at reading the Calvin & Hobbs cartoon strip. As I came home every Friday I had to but the Express on the Saturday to see how the weekly adventure of Calvin & Hobbs ended. There were a team of technical authors on the project I was working on and they had started calling inn every week day to read Calvin & Hobbs. So I started keeping the five week days cartoon strip away fro the authors and took Saturdays newspaper to London with me the following week. Then cut out the six cartoon strips, photocopied them all onto an A4 sheet and left the A4 sheet in the kitchen area where everyone went to make a cuppa. So prior to going to work in London in 1987, having left school in 1965, I probably only bought half a dozen newspapers in those 22 years and I haven't bought one since 1990.
  2. He needs to find himself a job. Perhaps if he had of stayed with the Royals he would have something to do rather than reading daily newspapers
  3. until

    TOM JONES TRIBUTE £5 FRI 13TH OCT
  4. until

    SILENT DISCO 8TH JULY £10
  5. until

  6. until

    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083572540183
  7. until

  8. until

  9. until

  10. @HIGH PIT WILMA - I posted your comment and the updated photo for David twist to see. This was his reply :-
  11. Cheers Bill - names updated and I'll post an updated copy of the photo for David Twist
  12. Photo posted by Davit Twist on the Bygone Bedlington Facebook group. @HIGH PIT WILMA & @James - David says his dad worked at Choppington 'A' pit and that's him second left back row. he's not sure which pits the others worked at. Do you two recognise anyone in the photo?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.