A Controversial Subject

Mr Darn

Shop Opening Times  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Funny I been shoppin at Blyth Asda for a long time and I still see the same old tired faces.

This smacks of a grudge.Were you sacked by any chance Mr Darn?

Were you caught dipping your fish finger in the cod pieces?

Were you practicing your over the counter skills?

Or did you just help yourself to some B.O.G.O.F's :lol::lol::lol:

Unfortunatly, none of the above....

i'm one of the stupid ones still employed!

you know, the ones that moan on its a crap place to work now, and how if a job came up waiting tables at macdonnalds we'd be off in a flash.... but never actually do!

Its sad really... :unsure:

you know, the ones that moan on its a crap place to work now, and how if a job came up waiting tables at macdonnalds we'd be off in a flash.... but never actually do!

Commiserations Mr O and to anyone else who thinks waiting tables in the hallowed golden arches is a step up in the food chain!

dont know where you get your info from but everywhere i go its asquith and dairies!

such as wikipedia.com, answers.com, etc etc

so afraid so!

While wikipedia wrongly says the name was introduced in 1975, ASDA's own store has it at 1965 and confirms Monsta is correct!

Strange, as from the 'history' link on ASDA's own website, it clearly states the store was known as 'Associated dairies' well before the Asquith brothers became involved in the '60's(formed in 1949), although they do go on to state the "official" 'birth' of the name was created by Asquith, using the first two letters of his name, but word around store is that it was already unofficially known as ASDA by then among customers and colleagues alike, taken from the Associated Dairies name.

Officially, i bow down, you are right, but the name was around, and is considered to be derived from Associated Dairies before Asquith adopted the name officially, and the version i first stated is still told in store induction today!

A point i will of course, be making tomorrow as contradictory on their own website!! :lol::lol::lol:

Of course, my main point being, that my first statement of the company being known as Associated Dairies first, then ASDA later, was entirely correct, just where the name came from was at fault ;)

So i take it you haven`t mangaged to get a managers job yet? :lol:

Commiserations Mr O and to anyone else who thinks waiting tables in the hallowed golden arches is a step up in the food chain!

I have a pleasing mental image of Malcolm sitting at an uncomfortable MacDonald's table waiting in vain for a waiter with a large, tasselled menu to pitch up at his table.

LOL, no, only been there 2 years, apparently you need three to be considered...

i WONT be there by the time my 3rd year would have ended. (as quoted by EVERYONE who has been there over 10 years! :P:P )

take it you've had the day off as the trolleys weren't been collected! :lol::lol:

• 1 month later...
I have a pleasing mental image of Malcolm sitting at an uncomfortable MacDonald's table waiting in vain for a waiter with a large, tasselled menu to pitch up at his table.

'Young man, my beef is overcooked'.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now