Thousands Leavin Blighty

Dave

You get a good pint of Guinness in the Market tavern, it used to be called the Howard arms when I lived in Bedlington it was a good pint in them days to.

Yea the Guinness is good when i am in England I like to drink Carling I can remember the Tavern being known as the Howard i found it a bit noisy their on Sat nights with the band.........

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what!  :lol::lol::lol:  

I guess that I am way behind the news here!

The Parks and Recs people released a report on wild bear incursions this week.

It seems that Calgary has had incursions by 46 Black and Grizzly bears since August. The cause is believed to be the shortage of Berries in the Rockies since we had a very hot July killing off the crop.

Not only have we had a record number of bears roaming the streets, (Last years total was 19!) but the bears are surprisingly indifferent to encountering people. One had to be euthanised due to its aggressive nature towards people. The rest were anethetised (That does not look right), and returned to the mountains.

Of those captured, most were in local parks and gardens, but several had broken into home garages, and two brave Black Bears were captured after entering the emergency rooms of Rockyview, and All Souls hospitals, (through the automatic ambulance doors).

We are now being advised to keep our kids in view while they play in the back yards. This is in force until the berry season ends in mid October, when the bears are expected to return to the mountains to hibernate.

I don't think that this what they meant, when they had a campaign earlier this year encouraging citizens to welcome tourists to Calgary!

Joe

I guess that I am way behind the news here!

The Parks and Recs people released a report on wild bear incursions this week.

It seems that Calgary has had incursions by 46 Black and Grizzly bears since August. The cause is believed to be the shortage of Berries in the Rockies since we had a very hot July killing off the crop.

Not only have we had a record number of bears roaming the streets, (Last years total was 19!) but the bears are surprisingly indifferent to encountering people. One had to be euthanised due to its aggressive nature towards people. The rest were anethetised (That does not look right), and returned to the mountains.

Of those captured, most were in local parks and gardens, but several had broken into home garages, and two brave Black Bears were captured after entering the emergency rooms of Rockyview, and All Souls hospitals, (through the automatic ambulance doors).

We are now being advised to keep our kids in view while they play in the back yards. This is in force until the berry season ends in mid October, when the bears are expected to return to the mountains to hibernate.

I don't think that this what they meant, when they had a campaign earlier this year encouraging citizens to welcome tourists to Calgary!

Joe

Awwww Bless the little bears,i would love to be there with the little scoundrels (as long as i`m hiding up a tree) :lol:

Erm, bears can climb trees, cant they? :blink:

I think black bears climb more often then brown ones, tho i watched this tv programme , said big grizzlys can do anything they want when angry, they dont normaly climb but one was so pissed off it pulled itself to the top of the tree using its front paws and started knawing on the poor buggers foot till the branch snapped

Erm, bears can climb trees, cant they? :blink:

"The dear little bears". Mature Black bears are over 350 lbs or so, while Grizzlies can top 600lbs upward.

Black bears can climb better than Grizzlies, but an irritated, hungry Grizzly can go most places it wants, through a metal garage door for instance, also up a tree, so long as the tree is sturdy enough!

Vic had it right when he said, that in Grizzly country you are better off to go walking with a slower friend. But you are even better off not to intrude on any bear, be it Black, Brown or Grizzly!

Joe, (too wise, and elderly, to be brave in bear country)!

I think i`ll just stick to watching them on the telly..much safer :blink:

In Aussie we have the mighty Koala bear which weighs a massive 10 - 20kgs it can climb trees quite easily but when in the tree it usually goes to sleep so there you have it Australia's answer to the Grizzly ...........

In Aussie we have the mighty Koala bear which weighs a massive 10 - 20kgs it can climb trees quite easily but when in the tree it usually goes to sleep so there you have it Australia's answer to the Grizzly ...........

hardly a grizzly bear! how many koala attacks do you hear of? the only dangerous things in austrailia are the spiders, 

snakes and the locals! top tip for visiting! dont wear a sheep skin coat! or your !*!@# will be putting! :lol::lol:

hardly a grizzly bear! how many koala attacks do you hear of? the only dangerous things in austrailia are the spiders, 

snakes and the locals! top tip for visiting! dont wear a sheep skin coat! or your !*!@# will be putting! :lol::lol:

You forgot about the Saltwater Crocodiles!

Bears only bother people if they feel threatened. I understand that Aussie crocodiles will hunt and attack people!

Joe

Bears only bother people if they feel threatened. I understand that Aussie crocodiles will hunt and attack people!

Joe

they only attack as they know the locals are brain dead like that steve irwin bloke! what a moron! 

hardly a grizzly bear! how many koala attacks do you hear of? the only dangerous things in austrailia are the spiders,

Nice to see you are out and about again Monsta ....I would be interested to hear you voice your views about [brain dead] Aussies being a bunch of !*!@# bandits in one of our local taverns, you are wrong about the snakes and spiders I have not seen one for about two hours now .......

Joe

Yes Joe,Salties are very dangerous indeed but tourists persist in swimming in water holes infested by these animals despite the many warning notices posted around dangerous water holes

Nice to see you are out and about again Monsta ....I would be interested to hear you voice your views about [brain dead] Aussies being a bunch of !*!@# bandits in one of our local taverns, you are wrong about the snakes and spiders I have not seen one for about two hours now .......

not only are aussies brain dead but there useless at rugby to! :lol::lol::lol:

why is that i hear you cry cause there to busy feel each others arses in the scrum they forgot about the game! :lol::lol:

the only good thing in austrailia is the airport! :lol:

they only attack as they know the locals are brain dead like that steve irwin bloke! what a moron!

The only brain dead person I have ever come in contact with is you Munsta

who's "munsta" :lol::lol::lol:

and you call me brain dead! austrailians as thick as they look! :lol:

I apologize for my spelling mistake Moonsta.......Oh yea you misspelled Australians (your spelling Austrailians) are you still on your medication !!!!!!!!!!!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now