Pay As You Go Rubbish Scheme

Cympil

http://lifestyle.aol.co.uk/go-green/pay-as...822015609990012

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

It looks like i`m going to have a few garden fires ;)

Well I would not pay, we pay enough now. It will lead to more rubbish being thrown in the street in the dark and then we will have a plague of rats.

Well I would not pay, we pay enough now. It will lead to more rubbish being thrown in the street in the dark and then we will have a plague of rats.

i but the thing is pete you wouldn't pay for it with coucil tax! you would be paying for the scheme separatly! so doubt it would cast much more! if you take care of what you throw out it could save you money!

i but the thing is pete you wouldn't pay for it with coucil tax! you would be paying for the scheme separatly! so doubt it would cast much more! if you take care of what you throw out it could save you money!

Not with the rubbish I have, I throw myself out some times, :D

You could be right but will we get a reduction in the poll tax to cover the cost of paying extra for rubish?

Not with the rubbish I have, I throw myself out some times, :D

You could be right but will we get a reduction in the poll tax to cover the cost of paying extra for rubish?

here's a mad idea! instead of al this bother with charging us for disposal of are rubbish, why dont the powers that be charge the companies that over package things! cause lets face it thing are over packaged if they kept packing to a minimum my bin would be just about empty!

here's a mad idea! instead of al this bother with charging us for disposal of are rubbish, why dont the powers that be charge the companies that over package things! cause lets face it thing are over packaged if they kept packing to a minimum my bin would be just about empty!

You have got a good point there Monsta, look at them Easter eggs by the time the kids have got the wrappers off theres not mush chocolate left, its all packaging.

You have got a good point there Monsta, look at them Easter eggs by the time the kids have got the wrappers off theres not mush chocolate left, its all packaging.

:lol:

Well I have to agree. If it's got to start somewhere, it should start with the people who package the stuff in the first place. They could try to at least use recycable materials. I know it might not be possible a lot of the time though...

We should all be bothered about the amount of rubbish we produce. We cant just dump it forever...

Try taking recycable materials like glass to bottle banks etc and compost your food waste. Already there's a hell of a lot less rubbish for you to have to pay to throw away!

If you do have to 'pay as you throw' people will simply stop throwing as much in the bin.

this will only lead to more rubbish dumped, and more litter on the streets.

I can see my neighbours bins overflowing now :lol: :lol:

I wonder which jobsworth is trying to justify his/her job now?

The amount of rubbish that will be in laybys will be unbeleivable,then the council will have to pay to collect it (the cost will then be passed on to us) they will then take it to the nearest landfill to tip it,where it would have gone anyway but without the cost!!!!!!!!

I can see my neighbours bins overflowing now :lol: :lol:

I wonder which jobsworth is trying to justify his/her job now?

The amount of rubbish that will be in laybys will be unbeleivable,then the council will have to pay to collect it (the cost will then be passed on to us) they will then take it to the nearest landfill to tip it,where it would have gone anyway but without the cost!!!!!!!!

Something I never understood, there was a perfectly good tip at Bebside where people took their own rubbish. in their own time and at their own cost, the council sold the "rights" to go through the rubbish to the higest bidder, and they closed it? Might have something to do with WDC owning a waste recycling business of course where you get the punters to do the cleaning and sorting and all you do is amass the "scrap" ready to be sold!

Something I never understood, there was a perfectly good tip at Bebside where people took their own rubbish. in their own time and at their own cost, the council sold the "rights" to go through the rubbish to the higest bidder, and they closed it? Might have something to do with WDC owning a waste recycling business of course where you get the punters to do the cleaning and sorting and all you do is amass the "scrap" ready to be sold!

bebside is open again its been open for years

i and it ends up at the top end boot sale! every thursday! :lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now