The Real Scandal

Never mind old Darn's controversial Sunday Trading shocker, here's a political hot potato so scandalous it'll blow your socks off.

I refer, of course, to the street signs along Rothesay Terrace.

I am sure you are all aware of the thoroughfare in question. Working in conjunction with Victoria Terrace, it acts a kind of metaphorical perineum, linking the festering Station to the vibrant, thrusting Top End.

The signs at the top and bottom of this road are free of all criticism. Correctly spelled, neatly positioned, well maintained. A credit to the signmaker who crafted them.

However, the two in between are a ruddy disgrace. They only say "Rothsay Terrace"!

Rothsay? I ask you, is this what those bums at the Council choose to spend my tax dollars on?

This is an outrage. Harrumph harrumph harrumph.

Never mind old Darn's controversial Sunday Trading shocker, here's a political hot potato so scandalous it'll blow your socks off.

I am sure you are all aware of the thoroughfare in question. Working in conjunction with Victoria Terrace, it acts a kind of metaphorical perineum, linking the festering Station to the vibrant, thrusting Top End.

The signs at the top and bottom of this road are free of all criticism. Correctly spelled, neatly positioned, well maintained. A credit to the signmaker who crafted them.

However, the two in between are a ruddy disgrace. They only say "Rothsay Terrace"!

Rothsay? I ask you, is this what those bums at the Council choose to spend my tax dollars on?

what! vibrant, thrusting top end! :lol::lol::lol:  vibrant maybe but thrusting!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed.........chumps!! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I couldn't give a fig about the signage down in that particular area, it's mainly populated by mature students with a penchant for 4AD records and white cider.

The top end, as you have correctly stated, is indeed 'where it's at'.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now