What Bedlington Can Learn From Baghdad

In a word microgrants!

Not huge sums splurged on yet more useless "urban engineering" [see: http://www.bedlington.co.uk/community/index.php?showtopic=1514] but relatively small sums given out to local businesses people to improve local services.

No form filing or delay, but grants made and agreed on the ground by trustworthy (non-party) local officials who themselves ensure that the money is spent on what was agreed.

This works in Baghdad and it can work here!

In a word microgrants!

Not huge sums splurged on yet more useless "urban engineering" [see: http://www.bedlington.co.uk/community/index.php?showtopic=1514] but relatively small sums given out to local businesses people to improve local services.

No form filing or delay, but grants made and agreed on the ground by trustworthy (non-party) local officials who themselves ensure that the money is spent on what was agreed.

eh what you babbling about?

baghdads full of sweaty suicide bombers so is bedlington come to think of it! :lol::lol::lol:

In a word microgrants!

i'll believe it when i see it. Its seems to be a bit of a sticky problem of how to get rid of the money, without looking like someones getting their gaff done up for gratis. I suggest the rear of the front sreet needs more work than the back. Or maybe a new play park for the likes of monsta to vandalise and hang out in for a few months .. maybe he could meet a girlfriend

Erm i meant the part behind the post office and bargain booze thats full of wild cats and old car shells, well it was was last time i was there...

They`re all still there as far as i know..However..

>>>I suggest the rear of the front sreet needs more work than the back.<<<

Notice anything? :D

i'll believe it when i see it. Its seems to be a bit of a sticky problem of how to get rid of the money, without looking like someones getting their gaff done up for gratis. I suggest the rear of the front sreet needs more work than the back. Or maybe a new play park for the likes of monsta to vandalise and hang out in for a few months .. maybe he could meet a girlfriend

Nowt wrong with the girlfriend he`s got..she`s a rocket scientist :D

That Canada air isn`t doing much for your brain i see Dave :lol:

So, what`s it like there...is it an improvement from the uk?

well its got its plus points and minuses. The food is ok if you like chicken wings or steaks/burgers but theres no fish and chip places out here, well there are but the fish is rancid . weathers good, in the summer, but winters cold, ... altogether its pretty good, less knife crime , more pick up trucks, bigger roads, more country music! ha

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now