West Lea Park Gets A Face Lift

Mr Darn

That slide is different to the slide that used to be there, the old slide had a hump half way down it, i used to go down it on a Warburtons bread packet, it used to grease the slide..when you hit the hump you`d take off :lol:

I didn`t half hurt when you landed like :mellow:

That slide is different to the slide that used to be there, the old slide had a hump half way down it, i used to go down it on a Warburtons bread packet, it used to grease the slide..when you hit the hump you`d take off :lol:

I didn`t half hurt when you landed like :mellow:

the big square climbing frame has gone now too. i liked that climbing frame! :mellow:

the big square climbing frame has gone now too. i liked that climbing frame! :mellow:

So did i, there used to be a competion who could do the most trips across the monkey bars without falling off, the best i got was 21, my hands looked like i`d grated them with a cheese grater by the end..and i only came 2nd :mellow::lol:

So did i, there used to be a competion who could do the most trips across the monkey bars without falling off, the best i got was 21, my hands looked like i`d grated them with a cheese grater by the end..and i only came 2nd :mellow::lol:

we used to be able to hang from our legs, no arms, from them, and release our legs and twisting in such a way we landed on our feet. it looked well impressive!

also there was the red ring swing, where you'd get as high as you could and jump off, trying to reach the monkey bars without touching the floor. i only ever seen anyone do it once! lol

the only other thing i remember was hangman...

you had to hang from the middle bar, and one by one people would hang off you till you fell...the winner, obviously, was the one who had the most people hanging when they finally let go.

i think my record was 3! lol

Another game was swinging as high as you could then jumping off the swings and seeing how far you could get..it was a proper ankle crippeler, i sprained my ankle badly doing that :mellow: It got me off P.E for a couple of weeks though :lol:

Eeee, i was a right Tomboy, that`s what you get for being the only girl in the family i suppose.

DSC00162.jpg

That house on the end, the one standing out, i used to live there :D

It was a bliddy cold place that, i don`t think the council have done anything to them houses in years..saying that, most of the houses there are owned now. Still a nice place though, great if you like to watch football, you just have to look out the window to watch the match.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now