Bedlington Terrier Icons

Cympil

The Terrier`s on the left of the forum, are they ment to change colour when there`s new posts?

Just wondering because i can never tell when there is new posts and i tend to miss them, could they not go bright red or blue when there`s new posts made in the forum? It would make things a lot clearer :D

The Terrier`s on the left of the forum, are they ment to change colour when there`s new posts?

Just wondering because i can never tell when there is new posts and i tend to miss them, could they not go bright red or blue when there`s new posts made in the forum? It would make things a lot clearer :D

i they do they change from grey to black if you click on mark all posts as read they'll change.

...i can never tell when there is new posts and i tend to miss them, could they not go bright red or blue when there`s new posts made in the forum? It would make things a lot clearer :D

Log in and click the View New Posts link up at the top - just to the right of My Controls. QED

do you have your browser set to deny cookies, or you delete cookies on a regular basis?

this, perhaps, may explain why you dont see things like the rest of us...

I have got Firefox set so i have to allow or block the cookies as they pop up...But i`ve got it all sussed now :D

You can still do this and accept cookies from selected sites. Edit | Preferences | Privacy | Exceptions (button) How I have mine set up.

It's far less work if you put tracker sites like doubleclick tradedoubler etc. in here as exceptions to reject too.

BTW what you might not be aware of is that you can also be tracked by the flash plug-in. Here's the link to flash code that shows you who has placed flash cookies on your machine:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/document..._manager07.html

There's increasing use of flash cookies as more and more people defend against vanilla ones.

BTW what you might not be aware of is that you can also be tracked by the flash plug-in. Here's the link to flash code that shows you who has placed flash cookies on your machine:

There's increasing use of flash cookies as more and more people defend against vanilla ones.

what a Paranoid nation we live in! yes you do get one or two malicous cookies but most are there to help and to be quite frank unless you go on dodgy sites you'll never really ever have any difficulties.

i love cookies me!

I didn`t realise that. Having checked my comp there were things that shouldn`t have been there. Promptly blocked!

what a Paranoid nation we live in! yes you do get one or two malicous cookies but most are there to help and to be quite frank unless you go on dodgy sites you'll never really ever have any difficulties.

i love cookies me!

Most are there to help, but these other cookies just slow your comp right down. Best to block them :D

And you don`t have to go on dodgy sites to get them either, they`re on loads of `normal` sites.

Most are there to help, but these other cookies just slow your comp right down. Best to block them :D

And you don`t have to go on dodgy sites to get them either, they`re on loads of `normal` sites.

even better not to worry about it at all! :D

I`d rather block them so my comp will run smoothly :D

that wouldn't be cookies more likely to be your hdd needing defraged or your registry. cookies dont take up much space or processing power they only hide in the back ground tracking your actions (in a good way) so blocking cookies wont make any difference apart from wasting yours by inpsecting every cookie. just get a application that does it automatically and forget about it!

..most are there to help...

So are most police, but you'd be a fool to let them follow you everywhere!

Have a look in you cookie directory and tell us that you know what half of them are for, that you know what info is in them, who owns the companies, and how the info is being used or exchanged with whom, or matched up with what other info. Also how many of them did you give permission to be stored on your machine?

It pays to be paranoid - as four learned members of the House of Lords have just discovered!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now