Bedlington Pictures Presents

post-38-1238436158_thumb.jpg

"The Darned United"

Based on true events, this is the explosive story of Mr Darn's controversial 44 day reign at the helm of the Bedlington website. Michael Sheen ("Frost/Nixon", "The Queen") plays Mr Darn, a hard-drinking, hard-loving messageboard moderator who dared to care too much.

The film opens with his initial salvo to the assembled posters. "I know some of you lot have hundreds and thousands of posts under your belt, but as far as I'm concerned you can junk them all in the green bin and send them to Stakeford for recycling, because you got them by cheating, by swearing and by posting off-topic and on the wrong forum."

Sheen's depiction of Darn's descent into alcohol-fuelled paranoia and eventual resignation has won rave reviews and prompted talk of a Bafta nomination and an interview on "Look North".

What the critics said:

"A corking copper-bottomed hit! Four stars" - Paul Ross

"A masterpiece of grim kitchen sink drama" - Mark Kermode

"Some incomprehensible nonsense about 'the blacks'" - Monsta

"Shouldn't this be in the Sport forum?" - Mr Darn

"The Darned United", in cinemas now, if Bedlington had a cinema, which we haven't 'cos the council give all our money to Ashington...

post-38-1238436158_thumb.jpg

"The Darned United"

Based on true events, this is the explosive story of Mr Darn's controversial 44 day reign at the helm of the Bedlington website. Michael Sheen ("Frost/Nixon", "The Queen") plays Mr Darn, a hard-drinking, hard-loving messageboard moderator who dared to care too much.

The film opens with his initial salvo to the assembled posters. "I know some of you lot have hundreds and thousands of posts under your belt, but as far as I'm concerned you can junk them all in the green bin and send them to Stakeford for recycling, because you got them by cheating, by swearing and by posting off-topic and on the wrong forum."

Sheen's depiction of Darn's descent into alcohol-fuelled paranoia and eventual resignation has won rave reviews and prompted talk of a Bafta nomination and an interview on "Look North".

What the critics said:

"A corking copper-bottomed hit! Four stars" - Paul Ross

"A masterpiece of grim kitchen sink drama" - Mark Kermode

"Some incomprehensible nonsense about 'the blacks'" - Monsta

"Shouldn't this be in the Sport forum?" - Mr Darn

"The Darned United", in cinemas now, if Bedlington had a cinema, which we haven't 'cos the council give all our money to Ashington...

:lol::lol::lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now