Leisure Centre And Other Facilities

Rea

I have just read in the News Post about the fair people of Ashington not wanting their leisure centre to close, it will close in October according to the report. There is a suggestion that the a 'new' one will be possibly built, and they state that a Town the size of Ashington needs a leisure centre, can the canny folk have a look at how long we have waited for our leisure centre or indeed any leisure facilities and we are just as big as Ashington, so before any money is spent from our 'one' council we should be at the top of the list for a leisure centre or any consultation of where our money should be spent. Also there was a report on the One North East and the investment on the redevelopment of the old Asda site and within the town centre, if my memory serves me right it isnt long ago that the town centre was done with pedestrianisation and such like, a new bus station area, etc etc, will One North East look a little South of the Wansbeck border and see us here and maybe help redevelop our centre with grant funding

• Like 4

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now