What Do You Want To Do In Bedlington?

Stephen

We're working on a grants policy for the town council in Bedlington. The aim of this is to help people who want to organise their own activities, i.e. clubs, teams, groups etc who have ideas for things to do in town but need a bit of help to get started, or expand. We're talking about small grants for things like kit, equipment, materials, venue hire etc

There's already another thread about a leisure centre and Bedlington Forum has been working on that, so we're looking at what can be done to bring Bedlington back to life in the meantime. Things that will encourage people to spend time in town, hopefully helping the local economy too.

So while this policy is still being written you have a chance to influence the kind of activities we should be trying to help - what would everyone here like to be able to do in Bedlington?

• Like 1

We're working on a grants policy for the town council in Bedlington. The aim of this is to help people who want to organise their own activities...

We still want to build a quality, Bedlington based county radio station.

We`ve got the studio site, thanks to a benevolent Bedders benefactor.

Getting funding over the last 2 years has proved near impossible.

Edited by John W. SNRG

Crazy Golf! :lol:

I've just mentioned this idea to my nephew and a few of his friends whom regularly knock a ball around the football pitches at the back of west lea, and they'd LOVE a crazy golf course!

I'm sure one could be constructed strong enough to withstand moderate vandalism, fairly cheeply. Perhaps just adding 3-4 holes to start, just as a test case, and adding more if it becomes popular?

It would have to be free of course!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now