Ho Sanderson Killed On East Coast Main Line

mobius

Ho Sanderson, the property developer who was behind Hartford Hall Estate, has died after being hit by a train:

My link

His businesses had been placed in admininstration after Wansbeck Council pursued a prosecution in connection with flouting planning laws in relation to his redevelopment of the Hartford Hall.

I wonder if the Hall gates will ever be replaced?

Edited by mobius
  • Like 2

I wonder if the Hall gates will ever be replaced?

I actually sent an email in connection with the gates this morning. That is very unfortunate timing. I hope the recipient doesn't think the latest news is was what prompted me to email.

• Like 1

His businesses had been placed in admininstration after Wansbeck Council pursued a prosecution in connection with flouting planning laws in relation to his redevelopment of the Hartford Hall.

Great heads-up mobius. But in case we get accused of putting the wrong spin on this that's not quite what The Journal reporter implies.

In July last year, the family placed all its businesses into administration, citing difficult trading conditions. The firms included Hartford Hall Estate Ltd, Eshott Hall Estate Ltd, Hartfound Ltd, Filebase and some dormant companies.

This would indicate a voluntary liquidation. There's also the implication that individuals and not these companies were being prosecuted, and that Wansbeck gave up pursuing the matter for other reasons. So there's nothing in The Journal, or here, to say anyone did anything criminal, or even that there were any civil penalties imposed.

Nice sensitive remark for his family to see Monsta! Who will ever be able to say for sure what his state of mind or health was? It could well be that he was preoccupied and didn't see the train coming, or suffered some kind of medical emergency in the wrong place at the wrong time. Stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

Perhaps its time to introduce a negative post recomendation, instead of just a positive.

The fact that comment and others comes from a forum moderator with excelent reputation as far as this board is concerned (64 at the time of posting) does not give a very good impression in my eyes.

• Like 2

Nice sensitive remark for his family to see Monsta! Who will ever be able to say for sure what his state of mind or health was? It could well be that he was preoccupied and didn't see the train coming, or suffered some kind of medical emergency in the wrong place at the wrong time. Stranger things have happened.

It's been described as a tragic accident, which I can understand. I think the crossing involved doesn't have any barriers, only lights, so it'd be quite easy to be caught out when a train's approaching.

• Like 1

Perhaps its time to introduce a negative post recomendation, instead of just a positive.

The fact that comment and others comes from a forum moderator with excelent reputation as far as this board is concerned (64 at the time of posting) does not give a very good impression in my eyes.

since when have you been the forum decision maker? :huh:

• Like 2

I'm not, i'm a member whom is entitled to their opinion, even if it does differ from yours.

That's the way it works Mr D. Thing is for you to be able to 'have your say' then Monsta has to be able to have his too, however objectionable anyone finds it.

(Within the rules of the board anyway, and also irrespective of his standing.)

• Like 4

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now